Dip.Arch, (Natal Tech.) B.Arch (hons) (UniSA), PhD (Urban Planning) (UniSA)Discipline Head, Urban and Environmental Planning
Associate Professor, Griffith School of Environment
- Urban planning histories
- Housing studies
- Planning for an ageing population
- Planning for ‘community’
- Studio pedagogy
- 1027ENV Introductory Planning Studio
- 2067ENV Development Processes Studio
- Greenhalgh, E. & Bosman, C. (accepted) ‘Planning for the supply of more affordable housing: the case of the Queensland Urban Land Development Authority,’ Australian Planner.
- Alidoust, A. & Bosman, C. (2016) ‘Boomer Planning: The production of Age Friendly Cities’, Journal of Built Environment 46(1).
- Alidoust, A. & Bosman, C. (2015) ‘Social health, built environment, aged population’, Australian Planner. DOI: 10.1080/07293682.2015.1034145
- Dedekorkut–Howes, A. & Bosman, C. (2014) ‘Gold Coast: Australia’s Playground’, Cities 42:70-84.
- Bosman, C. (2013) ‘Gerotopia: Producing lifestyle communities for baby boomers’, Australian Planner, DOI:10.1080/07293682.2013.770770.
- Potts, R. & Dedekorkut, A. & Bosman, C. (2013) ‘Gold Coast Is Not Only All That Glitters: Understanding Visitor and Resident Perceptions of the Gold Coast’, Australian Planner, DOI: 10.1080/07293682.2013.764907.
- Bosman, C. (2012) ‘Gerotopia: Risky housing for an ageing population’ Housing, Theory and Society, 29(2):157–171.
- Bosman, C & Dedekorkut, A. & Dredge, D. (2012) ‘The First Year Experience in Higher Education and Planning Studio Pedagogies: An Australian Case Study’, Centre for Education in the Built Environment, 9(1): 3-19.
- Bosman, C. & Fazakerley, R. (2012) ‘Urban transformations: booms, busts and other catastrophes: 11th Australasian Urban History/Planning History Conference, Perth, 2012’ Planning Perspectives, 27(4): 635–639.
- Bosman, C. & Dredge, D. & Coiacetto, E. (2011) 'The shifting ground of Australian Higher Education through the lens of reflexive modernisation: compromising the quality of planning education?', Australian Planner, 48(2): 72-83.
- Bosman, C., Dedekorkut-Howes, A. & Leach, A. (eds.) (2016) Off the Plan: The Urbanisation and Development of the Gold Coast, CSIRO.
Book Chapters (Selected)
- Bosman, C. (accepted) ‘Gerotopia: The ‘good life’ for life here-after’, In Vella, K. & Sipe N. Routledge Handbook of Australian Urban & Regional Planning, Routledge.
- Bosman, C. (2016) ‘Changing landscapes: Gold Coast residents and the impacts of rapid urban development’. In Bosman, C., Dedekorkut-Howes, A. & Leach, A. (eds.) Off the Plan: The Urbanisation and Development of the Gold Coast, CISRO.
- Bosman C. (2015) 'Housing the Baby-Boomer generation in Australia'. In R. Dufty-Jones & D. Rogers (eds.) Housing in Twenty-First Century Australia: Contemporary Debates, Ashgate.
- Bosman, C. and Dredge D. (2014) 'Teaching about Tourism in a Post-Disciplinary Planning Context'. In D. Airey, D. Dredge & M. Gross (eds.) Routledge Handbook of Tourism, Hospitality and Events Education, Routledge, 265-278.
- Bosman, C. and Dodson J. (2014) 'Sustainable and affordable housing'. In J.Byrne, J. Dodson & N. Sipe (eds.) Australian Environmental Planning: Challenges and Future Prospects, Routledge, 171-181.
Conference Proceedings (Selected)
- Bosman, C. & Dedekorkut-Howes, A. (2014) ‘Environmental planning education and the possibilities for studio pedagogy’, Proceedings from the ANZAPS conference, Massey University, Palmerston North, 03-05 October 2014.
- Bosman, C. and Strickland J. (2014) 'The Value of Place: Development conflicts on the Southport Spit, Gold Coast', Proceedings from the12th Australasian UHPH conference, Victoria University, Wellington, 2-5 February 2014.
- Alidoust, A., Bosman, C. & Holden G. (2014) ‘Urban Environment and Social Health of the Elderly: A Critical Discussion on Physical, Social, and Policy Environment’, Proceedings from the 4th Annual International Conference on Urban Studies & Planning, Athens Institute for Education and Research, Greece, 9-12 June 2014.
- Bosman, C. (2013) 'Then, Now and Tomorrow: Housing for an Ageing Population', Proceedings from the 7th Australasian Housing Researchers’ Conference, Fremantle, 6–8 February 2013.
- Bosman, C. (2013) ‘Changing residential landscapes: From holiday shacks to retirement resorts’, Proceedings from the 13th Society of Architectural Historians Australia and New Zealand, Griffith University, 2–5 July 2013.
- Bosman, C. (2012) ‘Building (retirement) villages for baby boomers’, Proceedings from the 6th Australasian Housing Researchers’ Conference, University of Adelaide, 8–10 February 2012.
- Bosman, C. (2012) 'Changing Housing Landscapes: How baby boomers are implicit in urban transformations', Proceedings from the11th Australasian UHPH conference, University of Western Australia, Perth, 5-8 February.
Grants and Awards
- 2015, Bosman, C. Citation for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning. Office of Learning and Teaching
- 2015, Bosman, C. Australian Award for University Teaching. Office for Learning and Teaching.
- 2015, Bosman, C., Pascoe, J. & Troelsen, J. ‘Planning for Age Friendly Cities’ Griffith University and Southern Denmark University Collaborative Travel Grants Scheme.
- 2015, Bosman, C. Dedekorkut-Howes, A. and Dupre, K. ‘The history of theme parks and tourism precincts on the Gold Coast’. Urban Research Program – Planning, Housing and Urban Development Starter Grant.
- 2013, C Bosman, K Vella, L Shutter, D Low Choy - Planning studio in the 21st century: Educating leaders for a complex world. Office of Learning and Teaching.
- 2013, T Alizadeh and C Bosman - Introduction and evaluation of an online formative assessment to enhance first year Urban and Environmental Planning students’ time-on-task. Griffith Grants and Fellowships for Learning and Teaching.
- 2011, C Bosman, A Dedekorkut-Howes - Planning pedagogies and studio teaching models as strategies to achieve teaching efficiency, student work-study balance and excellent learning outcomes. Griffith University Learning and Teaching Grant.Current Supervised PhD Projects
Current Supervised PhD Projects
- 2015 Vicki Weetman - Dream, Desire and Design: investigating tiny housing trends in Australia (PhD Co supervisor)
- 2013 Joanne Pascoe - Community Gardens as Third Space (PhD Co supervisor)
- 2013 Sara Alidost, - Ageing population (PhD Co supervisor)
- 2013 Emma Greenhalgh - Housing affordability (PhD Co supervisor)