B Science (Hons), M Social Science, B Laws, PhD
Emeritus Professor, Griffith School of Environment
- Coastal policy
- Environmental law
- Mosquito management
- Remote sensing
- Salt marsh ecology
- Mangrove ecology
Recent Refereed Publications (From 2010)
Book Chapter (B1)
- Leila Eslami-Andargoli, Pat Dale (2014) Crossing borders: two contrasting approaches to interactions between natural and human ecosystems. Ch 6 In Planning Across Borders in Climate of Change. Ed. Wendy Steele, Routledge, pp74-89.
- PER Dale and MJ Breitfuss (2009) Chapter 8: Ecology and management of mosquitoes. In (Ed) N Saintilan Australian Saltmarsh Ecology, CSIRO Press,pp167-179.
- Sheaves M, Brodie J, Brooke B, Dale P, Lovelock C, Waycott M, Gehrke P, Johnston R, Baker R (2007) Assessing Climate Change Vulnerability of the Great Barrier Reef. Part 3, Chapter 19: Vulnerability of coastal and estuarine habitats in the GBR to climate change. GBRMPA.pp 593-620.
Refereed article in a scholarly journal (C1)
- Weiwei Yu, Kerrie Mengersen , Pat Dale, Xiaofang Ye, Yuming Guo, Lyle Turner, Xiaoyu Wang, Yan Bi, William JH Mcbride, John S Mackenzie, Shilu Tong (2014) Projecting future transmission of malaria under climate change scenarios: Challenges and research needs. Critical Reviews in Environmental Science and Technology, DOI: 10.1080/10643389.2013.852392. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/10643389.2013.85239.
- Yu, W; Mengersen, K, Dale, P, Mackenzie, J, Toloo, GS, Wang, X, Tong, S. (2014) Epidemiological patterns of Ross River virus disease in Queensland, Australia, 2001-2011. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 91(1) 109-118.
- Yu W, Dale P, Mengersen K, Turner L, Tong S (2014) Projecting the impact of climate change on the transmission of Ross River virus: methodological challenges and research needs. Epidemiology and Infection. 142 (10) 2013-2023. doi: 10.1017/S0950268814000399. Epub 2014 Mar 10.
- Dale PER, Knight JM. Dwyer PG (2014) Mangrove rehabilitation: a review focussing on ecological and institutional issues, Wetlands Ecology and Management (DOI)10.1007/s11273-014-9383-1
- Eslami-Andergoli, L Dale P, Knight JM, McCallum H (2014). Approaching tipping points: a focussed review of indicators and relevance to managing intertidal ecosystems. Wetlands Ecology and Management Accepted April 16 2014
- Pat E Dale, Jon M Knight, Lachlan Griffin, John Beidler, Ron Brockmeyer, Doug Carlson, David Cox, Jim David, Vincent Encomio, Grant Gilmore, Paul Haydt, Robin Lewis, James Mcnelly, Sheila M O'connell, Bruce Peery, Jorge Rey, John Tucker (2014) Multiagency perspectives on managing mangrove wetlands and the mosquitoes they produce J Amer mosq Contr Assoc 30 (2): 106-115. July 2014.
- Knight JM, Griffin L, Dale PER, Sheaves M. (2013) Short-term dissolved oxygen patterns in sub-tropical mangroves. Estuarine and Coastal Shelf Science 131:290-296.
- Wen Zhaofei, Wu Shengjun, Liu Feng, Zhang Shuqing, Dale Patricia (2013) Variogram Analysis for assessing Landscape Spatial Heterogeneity in NDVI: an example applied to agriculture in the Jiansanjiang Reclamation area, Northeast China. Advances in Intelligent Systems Research 2013: 504-508
- PER Dale, L Eslami-Andergoli, JM Knight. (2013) The impact of encroachment of mangroves into saltmarshes on saltwater mosquito habitats J Vector Ecology 38(2): 330-338.
- Farihatini, T, Dale, P, Davey P, Johnson N.W. Wulander. R.A, Winanto, S.S. Musaddad.A., Satrio, R. (2013) Environmental risk factors associated with tooth decay in children: a review of four studies in Indonesia. Rev. Salud Ambient 13 (1): 53-61.
- L Eslami- Andargoli, PER Dale, N Sipe (2013) Does spatial scale affect the pattern of mangrove change under different rainfall regimes? An example in southeast Queensland, Australia. Austral Ecology 38 (2): 208-218.Article first published online : 24 APR 2012, DOI: 10.1111/j.1442-9993.2012.023
- Wendy Steele, Ilva Sporne, Scott Shearer, Lila Singh-Petersen, Silvia Serrao-Neumann, Florence Crick, Pat Dale, Darryl Low Choy, Leila Eslami-Andargoli (2013) Learning from Cross-border Arrangements to Support Climate Change Adaptation in Australia. J of Environmental Planning and Management http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/09640568.2013.763771
- Grace Field, Georgette Leah Burns, Pat Dale. (2012) Managing vegetation clearing in the south east Queensland Urban footprint. Local Government Law Journal 17 : 215-230.
- Tong S, Hu W, Mengersen K, McBride J, Dale P, Mackenzie J. (2012) Forecasting the impact of Climate Change on Dengue Transmission in Queensland, Australia . Epidemiology. 23(5S): September 2012. doi10.1097/01.ede.0000416997.55222.f5.
- Ermi Ndoen, Clyde Wild, Pat Dale, Neil Sipe, Mike Dale (2012) Mosquito longevity, vector capacity and malaria incidence in West Timor and Central Java, Indonesia. International Scholarly Research Network ISRN Public Health Volume 2012, Article ID 143863, 5 pages doi:10.5402/2012/143863
- G. Visser, P. E. R. Dale, D. L. Dowe, E. Ndoen, M. B. Dale and N. Sipe (2012) A novel approach for modeling malaria incidence using complex categorical household data: the minimum message length (MML) method applied to Indonesian data. Computational Ecology and Software Computational Ecology and Software, 2012, 2(3):140-159 (and Abstract). Published online 5 September 2012, www.IAEES.org .
- P.E.R Dale and R. Connelly (2012) Wetlands and human health – an overview. Wetlands Ecology and Management (Special Issue) 20 (3) 165-171 DOI 10.1007/s11273-012-9264-4
- Dale, P, Knight J. (2012) Managing mosquitoes without destroying wetlands: an eastern Australian approach. Wetlands Ecology and Management. 20 (3) 233-242 DOI 10.1007/s11273-012-9262-6
- Jon Knight, Lachlan Griffin, Pat Dale, Stuart Phinn, (2012) Oviposition and larval habitat preferences of the saltwater mosquito, Aedes vigilax, in a subtropical mangrove forest in Queensland, Australia. J Insect Science 12 article 6. On line : insectscience.org/12.6
- Ermi Ndoen Clyde Wild, Pat Dale, Neil Sipe, Mike Dale (2011) Dusk to dawn activity patterns of anopheline mosquitoes in West Timor and Java, Indonesia, Southeast Asian Journal of Tropical Medicine and Public Health 42: 550-561.
- Laurance, W.F., Dell, B., Turton, S.M., Lawes, M.J., Hutley, L.B., McCallum, H., Dale, P., Bird, M., Hardy, G., Prideaux, G., Gawne, B., McMahon, C.R., Yu, R., Hero, J-M, Schwarzkopf, L., Krockenberger, A., Douglas, M., Silvester, E., Mahony, M., Vella, K., Saikia, U., Wahren, C-H, Xu, Z., Smith, B. and Cocklin, C (2011) The ten Australian ecosystems most vulnerable to tipping points, Biological Conservation 144 (5). pp. 1472-1480.
- Tomerini, D, Dale, PER, Sipe, N (2011) Does mosquito control have an effect on mosquito-borne disease? The case of Ross River Virus disease and mosquito management in Queensland, Australia. J American Mosquito Control Assoc 27(1):39-44.
- Griffin L. F., Dale P. E. R. & Knight J. M. (2010) Identifying mosquito habitat microtopography in an Australian mangrove forest using LiDAR derived elevation data. Wetlands 30: 929-937.
- Dale MB, Allison, L, Dale PER (2010) Model Selection using Minimal Message Length: an example using pollen data, Community Ecology 11(2): 187-201
- Xiaofeng Li, Shuqing Zhang, Xin Pan, Pat Dale, Roger Cropp. Straight Road Edge Detection from High-resolution Remote Sensing Images Based on Ridgelet Transform with Revised Parallel-Beam Radon Transform (RPRT) (2010) International J Remote Sensing 31, 19: 5041-5059.
- Ermi Ndoen Clyde Wild, Pat Dale, Neil Sipe, Mike Dale (2010) Relationships between anopheline mosquitoes and topography in West Timor and Java, Indonesia. Malaria Journal 9: 242 (26 August 2010)
- L Eslami- Andargoli, PER Dale, N Sipe , J Chaseling (2010) Local and landscape effects on spatial patterns of mangrove forest during wetter and drier periods: Moreton Bay, Southeast Queensland, Australia. Estuarine and Coastal Shelf Science 89 (1): 53-61
- P Dale, M. Dale, D Dowe, J Knight, C Lemckert,, D Low Choy, M Sheaves, I Sporne, (2010) A conceptual roadmap for integrating coastal wetland research and management: an example from Queensland, Australia. Progress in Physical Geography 34(5): 605-624. doi:10.1177/0309133310369617
- M. B. Dale, L. Allison and P. E. R. Dale (2010) A model for correlation within clusters and its use in pollen analysis. Community Ecology 11:51-58.
- Hu, W; Mengersen, K; Tong, S; Dale, P (2010) Difference in mosquito species and the transmission of Ross River virus between coastline and inland areas in Brisbane, Australia. Environmental Entomology 39 : 88-97