B Science (Hons), GCert Higher Education, PhD
Dean (Learning and Teaching), Griffith Sciences
Australian School of Environmental Studies, Nathan
Research Member, Australian Rivers Institute, Nathan
- Aquatic Ecosystem Health
- Arid stream and river ecology
- Freshwater invertebrate ecology
- Urban Streams
- Aquatic Ecosystem Health and Restoration
- Aquatic Ecology
- Ecological Theory and Practice
- Sheldon, F., Petersen, E., Boone, E., Sippel, S., Bunn, S., Harch, B. (2012) Identifying the spatial scale of land use that most strongly influences overall river ecosystem health score. Ecological Applications 22(8): 2188–2203. http://dx.doi.org/10.1890/11-1792.1
- Rolls, R.J., Leigh, C. And Sheldon, F. (2012) Mechanistic effects of low flow hydrology on riverine ecosystems: ecological principles and consequences of alteration. Freshwater Science 31(4):1163–1186. DOI: 10.1899/12-002.1
- Peterson, E.E., Sheldon, F., Darnell, R., Bunn, S.E. and Harch, B.D. (2011) A comparison of spatially explicit landscape representation methods and their relationship to seasonal stream conditions. Freshwater Biology 56:590 - 610. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2427.2010.02507.x. Citations = 1.
- Balcombe, S.R., Sheldon, F., Capon, S.J., Bond, N.R., Marsh, N., Hadwen, W.L. and Bernays, S.J. (2011) Climate change in context: Flow regulation and climate threats in the Murray-Darling Basin? Marine and Freshwater Research. 62:1099-1114.
- Leigh, C., Sheldon, F., Kingsford, R.T., and Arthington, A.H. (2010). Sequential floods drive ‘booms’ and wetland persistence in dryland rivers: a synthesis. Marine and Freshwater Research 61:896-908. Citations = 6.
- Sheldon, F. and Fellows, C.S. (2010) Water quality and water chemistry in two Australian dryland rivers: spatial and temporal variability and the role of flow Marine and Freshwater Research 61: 864-874. Citations = 4.
- Sheldon, F., Bunn, S.E., Hughes, J.M., Arthington, A.H., Balcombe, S.R. and Fellows, C.S. (2010) Dryland river waterholes: A review of the ecological roles and threats to aquatic refugia in arid landscapes. Marine and Freshwater Research 61:885-895. Citations = 11
- Sheldon, F. (2005) Incorporating natural variability into the assessment of ecological health in dryland rivers. Hydrobiologia 552: 45-56. Citations = 15
- Puckridge, J.T., F. Sheldon, K.F. Walker and A.J. Boulton (1998) Flow variability and the ecology of large rivers, Marine and Freshwater Research 49: 55-72. Citations = 298