PhD (Env) (Griffith), BSc (Hons) (Griffith), Grad Cert HigherEd (Griffith)
Lecturer, Griffith School of Environment
Deanna's areas of expertise include Environmental Assessment and Environmental Noise. She also has expertise in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and is interested in the application of GIS in environmental planning, particularly in relation to health issues and environmental pollution. Recent research projects have included an investigation of the impacts of local government mosquito control programs on Ross River virus disease rates in Queensland, Australia.
- Geographic Information Systems
- Environmental Planning Studio
- Albayati, D.M.F., Sipe, N.G., Alizedeh, T., & Tomerini D. (2015) The impact of urban form on travel behaviour in three Baghdad neighbourhoods affected by terrorism, Urban Planning and Transport Research, Vol. 1 (3), pp, 32-45
- Howes, M., Tomerini, D., Dodson, J., Eslami-Andargoli, L. & Mustelin, J. (2014) Integrating pollution reporting, climate change adaptation, disaster risk management and land-use planning: A case study of the 2011Brisbane floods. In Responding to climate change: lessons from an Australian hotspot. Paul Burton (ed). CSIRO Publishing, Melbourne.
- Ewing, C.P., Catterall, C.P & Tomerini, D.M. (2013), 'Outcomes from engaging urban community groups in publicly funded vegetation restoration', in Ecological Management and Restoration, vol.14, no.3, Ecological Society of Australia,
- Howes, M. Dodson, J. & Tomerini, D. 2013, 'Planning for resilience in a changing climate: Integrating spatial analysis and on-line pollution inventories to manage chemical releases during floods', in Planning for Resilient Cities and Regions, AESOP & ACSP, Dublin.
- Brown, A.L., Banerjee, D. and Tomerini, D. 2012, ‘Noise events in road traffic and sleep disturbance studies’, in Inter-Noise 2012. Quieting the World’s Cities, Institute for Noise Control Engineering, New York, USA.
- De Coensel, B., Brown, A.L., Tomerini, D., and Botteldooren, D., 2012, ‘Modeling road traffic noise using distributions for vehicle sound power level’, in Inter-Noise 2012. Quieting the World’s Cities, Institute for Noise Control Engineering, New York, USA.
- Brown, A.L.& Tomerini, D.M. 2011, “Distribution of the noise level maxima from the pass-by of vehicles in urban road traffic streams” Road and Transport Research. Vol 20 (2) pp. 50-63
- Schreurs, E. Brown, A.L. & Tomerini, D.M. 2011, 'Maximum pass-by noise levels from vehicles in real road traffic streams: comparison to modeled levels and measurement protocol issues', in Inter-Noise 2011: Sound Environment as a Global Issue, Institute of Noise Control Engineering, Osaka, Japan.
- Tomerini, D.M., Dale, P., and Sipe, N. 2011 Does Mosquito Control have an effect on mosquito-borne diseases? The case of Ross River virus disease and mosquito management in Queensland, Australia. Journal of the American Mosquito Control Association. Vol 27(1) pp. 39-44