PhD (Flinders), BA (Hons)(Flinders), B.Econ (Flinders)
Professor, Griffith School of Environment, Griffith University
- Urban and regional labour market performance,
- Community socio-economic performance,
- Urban and regional analysis
Current Teaching Areas
- Urban and Regional Economics
- Research Methods for Social Sciences
- S. Baum and K. Arthurson 2013 Making space for social inclusion in conceptualizing climate change vulnerability, Local Environment: The International Journal of Justice and Sustainability, published online 16th July 2013.
- S. Baum and W. Mitchell (2012) Functional economic regions and labour underutilization, International Journal of Employment Studies, 20, 1, 62-81.
- Pritchard, B. Argent, N. Baum, S. Bourke, L. Martin, J. McManus, P. Sorensen, A. and Walmsley, J. (2012) Local if possible: How the spatial networking of economic regions amongst farm enterprises aids small town survival in rural Australia, Regional Studies, 46, pp. 539-557.
- G. Daraganova, P. Pattison, J. Koskinen, B. Mitchell, A. Bill, M. Watts and S. Baum (2012) Networks and geography: Modeling community network structures as the outcome of both spatial and network processes, Social Networks, 34, 6-17.
- Xie H, Yao Z, Zhang Y, Xu Y, Xu X, Liu T, Lin H, Lao X, Rutherford S, Chu C, Huang C, Baum S, Ma W. 2012 Short-Term Effects of the 2008 Cold Spell on Mortality in Three Subtropical Cities in Guangdong Province, China. Environment Health Perspectives.
- S. Baum, K. Arthurson and K. Rickson, 2010 Happy people in mixed-up places: the association between the degree and type of local socio-economic mix and expressions of neighborhood satisfaction, Urban Studies, 47, 3, 467-485
Current Supervised PhD Projects:
- Kara Rickson
- James West
- Chris Banks
- Zahir Mohammad