Toohey Forest Environmental Education Centre (TFEEC) is a Department of Education, Training and Employment facility located in the sustainably designed Griffith University EcoCentre. The facility is located in the Nathan Campus, approximately ten (14) kilometres south of the Brisbane CBD, surrounded by the natural backdrop of Toohey Forest.
The Toohey Forest Environmental Education Centre provides a range of day visit programs to students ranging from Prep to Year 12. Program themes include:
- Australian flora and fauna / Biodiversity / Ecology
- Catchment Health / Water Quality Monitoring
- Sustainability / Energy / Waste
- Human Impact Studies
- Hands-on, learning experiences utilising relevant and familiar contexts
- Collaborative learning through small group work
- Questioning techniques designed to check understanding and extend thinking
- The use of technology (ICT’s) to enhance the learning experience
In addition to on-site programs, Toohey Forest Environmental Education Centre is able to deliver select programs at a variety of locations in the Metropolitan region.