Our research provides the knowledge to underpin the sustainable management of aquatic ecosystems.
We are committed to a "whole-of-water-cycle" philosophy with our expertise divided into six research themes:
- Catchment and river ecosystem processes
- Rehabilitation science and environmental flows
- Coastal and estuarine ecosystem processes
- Aquatic biodiversity and conservation
- Aquatic ecosystem monitoring and assessment
- Integration, modelling and catchment management.
We are proactive in national and international water science planning and research projects and organisations. Find out more about our partnerships and collaborations.