PhD (Griffith University), MSc (UQ), BSci (UQ), PG Cert LTHE (Plymouth)
- Design and evaluation of marine protected areas
- Benthic and continental shelf ecology
- Marine conservation ecology
- Marine habitat classification and mapping
- Response of soft sediment environments and assemblages to the cessation of trawling in Moreton Bay
- Patterns and drivers for mesophotic reef biodiversity in southern Queensland
- Decadal-scale changes in epibenthic habitats of Moreton Bay
- Trophic linkages in marine protected areas. (Margaret Middleton Foundation Grant, Australian Academy of Science)
- Gilby, B.L, Stevens, T.F. (2014) Meta-analysis indicates habitat-specific alterations to primary producer and herbivore communities in marine protected areas. Global Ecology and Conservation
- Stevens, T.F., Sheehan, E.V., Gall, S.C., Fowell, S.C., Attrill, M.J. (2014) Monitoring benthic biodiversity restoration in Lyme bay marine protected area: Design, sampling and analysis. Marine Policy 45:310-317.
- Richmond, S., Stevens, T. (2014) Classifying benthic biotopes on sub-tropical continental shelf reefs: How useful are abiotic surrogates? Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science 138: 79-89.
- Tuda, A.O., Stevens, T.F., Rodwell, L.D. (2014) Resolving coastal conflicts using marine spatial planning. Journal of Environmental Management 133:59-68.
- Sheehan, E.V., Stevens, T.F., Gall, S.C., Cousens, S.L., Attrill, M.J. (2013) Recovery of a Temperate Reef Assemblage in a Marine Protected Area following the Exclusion of Towed Demersal Fishing. PLOS One 8(12): e83883.
- Stevens, T.F., Boden, A., Arthur, J.M., Schlacher, T.A., Rissik, D., Atkinson, S. (2012) Initial effects of a moderate-sized oil spill on benthic assemblage structure of a subtropical rocky shore. Estuarine Coastal and Shelf Science 109: 70-115.
- Schlacher T, Holzheimer A, Stevens T, Rissik D (2011) Impacts of the ‘Pacific Adventurer’ Oil Spill on the Macrobenthos of Subtropical Sandy Beaches. Estuaries and Coasts 34: 937-949.
- Sheehan EV, Stevens TF, Attrill MJ (2010) A Quantitative, Non-Destructive Methodology for Habitat Characterisation and Benthic Monitoring at Offshore Renewable Energy Developments. PLoS ONE 5:e14461.
- Shelley RU, Widdicombe S, Woodward EMS, Stevens TF, McNeill CL and Kendall MA (2008) An investigation of the impacts on biodiversity and ecosystem functioning of soft sediments by the non-native polychaete Sternaspis scutata (Polychaeta: Sternaspidae). Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology 366: 146 - 150.
- Stevens TF and Connolly RM (2005) Local-scale mapping of benthic habitats to assess representation in a marine protected area. Marine and Freshwater Research 56: 111 – 123.
- Stevens TF (2005) Scales of similarity in soft sediment epibenthic assemblages: implications for marine protected area design. Marine Biology 146: 345 – 354.
- Stevens TF and Connolly RM (2004) Testing the utility of abiotic surrogates for marine habitat mapping at scales relevant to management. Biological Conservation 119: 351 – 362.
- Stevens TF and Connolly RM (2003) Shallow water crinoids are on soft sediments too: evidence from a video survey of a subtropical estuary. Bulletin of Marine Science 73: 593 – 604.
- Stevens TF (2002) Rigour and Representation in Marine Protected Area Design. Coastal Management 30: 237-248.
Current supervised PhD project:
- Ben Gilby - The ecology and distribution of Moreton Bay’s deepwater algal reefs