BSc (Hons), PhD
ARC DECRA Fellow
Research Fellow, Australian Rivers Institute
- Fisheries ecology and management
- Conservation of marine habitats and food webs
- Modelling of marine populations and seascapes
- Climate change impacts on marine life
See more on my work here
Selected Recent PublicationsSee more on Google Scholar
- Brown, Christopher J., et al. Fisheries and biodiversity benefits of using static versus dynamic models for designing marine reserve networks. Ecosphere 6.10 (2015): art182.
- Brown, Mumby. Trade-offs between fisheries and the conservation of ecosystem function are defined by management strategy. (2014) Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment, 12:324-329.
- Hoegh-Guldberg, Cai, Brewer, Fabry, Hilmi, Jung, Poloczanska, Sundby, Bell, Brown and 18 others. Open Oceans. In Climate Change 2013 Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability. Contribution of Working Group II to the Fifth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Omar, Turley Eds.
- Burrows, Schoeman, Richardson, Molinos, Hoffmann, Buckley, Moore, Brown and 13 others (2014). Geographical limits to climate-related biodiversity shifts. Nature 507: 492-495.
- Brown, Trebilco Unintended cultivation, shifting baselines and conflict between objectives for fisheries and conservation (2014). Conservation Biology, 28: 677-688.
- Brown, Saunders, Possingham, Richardson. (2014) Interactions between global and local stressors determine management effectiveness in cumulative impact mapping. Diversity and Distributions 20: 538-546.
- Burrows, Schoeman, Buckley, Moore, Poloczanska, Brander, Brown and 12 others (2011). The pace of shifting climate in marine and terrestrial ecosystems. Science, 334: 652-655.
- Brown et al. (2011). Quantitative approaches in climate change ecology. Global Change Biology, 17: 3697-3713.
- Smith, Brown, Bulman, Fulton, Johnson, Kaplan, Lozano-Montes, Mackinson, Marzloff, Shannon, Shin, Tam. Impacts of fishing low-trophic level species on marine ecosystems (2011). Science, 333: 1147-1150.
- Brown et al. (2010). Effects of climate-driven primary production change on marine food webs: implications for fisheries and conservation. Global Change Biology, 16: 1194-1212.