Aiming to improve healthcare with the use of IT and computer science, this flagship program explores highly relevant themes including: the role of IT planning, robotics and mobile applications in healthcare; the adoption of electronic medical records; and assistive technologies for aged care.
Constructing and investigating an Internet-based community of users for enhancing user adoption of personally controlled electronic health records (PCEHR) in Australia (Dr Amir Ghapanchi, Prof Michael Blumenstein): This project attempts to contribute to promoting PCEHR among Australians by extracting lessons learned from its previous adopters and providing the guidelines and strategies to the PCEHR governance team.
Way-finding app and prenatal booking system research for Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service (Dr Jolon Faichney, Prof Michael Blumenstein): Developing a way finding application for the Gold Coast University Hospital that includes general hospital information and maps. This project will also automate the existing manual booking process for patients.
Evaluating users’ adoption of electronic medical records (EMR) at Gold Coast Hospital (Dr Amir Ghapanchi): This project seeks to in investigate user adoption of Electronic Health Records (EMR) at Gold Coast University Hospital. Through a deep qualitative study, this project seeks to get to find barriers and facilitators of EMR user adoption.
Device integration framework (DIF) for e-health bridging the gap between medical devices and electronic records (Dr Elankayer Sithirasenan): Designing a pattern for DIF that is capable of integrating the various EMD systems with existing EMR and health information systems.
- Vichitvanichphong, S., Talaei-Khoei, A., Kerr, D., and Ghapanchi, A.H. Adoption of Assistive Technologies for Aged Care: A Realist Review of Recent Studies (2014), 46th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICCS), 4-7 January 2014, Hawaii, US. (ERA rank: A)
- Amrollahi, A., Ghapanchi, A.H., and Talaei-Khoei, A. (in press). A Systematic Literature Review on Strategic Information Systems Planning: Insights from the Past Decade. Pacific Asia Journal of Association for Information Systems (Rank “B”)
- Kosman, C., Talaei-Khoei, A., Ghapanchi, A.H., and Ray, P. (in press). A Systematic Literature Review Approach To Clinical Trial Informatics Systems: Case of caBIG and its Clinical Trial Management System. International Journal of Advanced Information Technologies (ERA rank “B”).
- Najaftorkaman, M., Ghapanchi, A.H., Talaei-Khoei, A., and Ray, P. (2013). Recent Research Areas and Grand Challenges in Electronic Medical Record: A Literature Survey Approach, International Technology Management Review, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 12-21 (ERA rank “B”).
- Stantic D. and Jo, JH. (2012), “Detecting Abnormal ECG Signals Utilising Wavelet Transform and Standard Deviation”, in World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, vol.71, WASET, United States (ISSN: 2010-3778).
- Xiao, F., Yuchi, M., Jo, JH., Ding, M. and Hou, W. (2009). A Research of Physical Activity’s Influence on Heart Rate using Feedforward Neural Network, LNCS, 5553:1089-1096 Springer-Verlag, Berlin, (ISBN978-3-642-01512-0).