PhD, ME (Research), MSc. Eng(Eng. Mgt), BSc Eng (Mech), GradCert in Higher Education
Senior Lecturer, Griffith School of Engineering
Dr. Rahman’s principal research interests lie in the area of Quality and Reliability, and Risk management. More specifically, he focuses on the development of the stochastic models of product/asset reliability and maintenance policies, maintenance cost analysis, lifecycle costing, risk analysis, warranty cost modelling and cost benefit analysis of maintenance decisions for high volume infrastructure components and also modelling product or infrastructure quality improvement. Currently, his research area has extended in climate change impact on infrastructure maintenance and sustainable flood risk management. He has authored and co-authored over 60 refereed journal and international conference publications and Book/Book Chapters. He is the regular reviewer of many International Journals and PhD Thesis.
Current Teaching Areas
- Project Management
- Construction Resource Management
- Construction Project Management
- Anisur Rahman and G. Chattopadhyay, (2015), Long term warranty and after sales service – Concept, policies and cost models, Springer International Publishers, Germany
- Anisur Rahman & G. Chattopadhyay, 2010, ‘Modelling Total Cost of Ownership of Rail Infrastructure for Outsourcing Maintenance Services, Definition Concepts and Scope of Engineering Asset, EAMR Vol 1, pp 115-122, Springer, UK, ISBN 978-1-84996-177-6 .
- Anisur Rahman & G. Chattopadhyay 2011, ‘Estimation of Rail Failure Parameters for Developing Rail Maintenance Models’, Engineering Asset Management and Infrastructure Sustainability (J Mathews edited), pp 749-758, Springer, ISBN 978-0-85729-301-5
Journal Articles (Selected)
- Shah, M.A.R., Rahman, A. Chowdhury, S., (2015), ‘Challenges for Achieving Sustainable Flood Risk Management’, Journal of Flood Risk Management (Accepted), John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
- Anisur Rahman, Gopi Chattopadhyay, and Jahangir Hossain, (2015), ‘Maintenance Decisions for In-ground Decay of Power Supply Timber Poles’, IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, DOI 10.1109/TPWRD.2015.2424428.
- Anisur Rahman (2014), ‘Maintenance contract model for complex asset/equipment’, International Journal of Reliability, Quality and Safety Engineering, Vol. 21, Issue 1, pp 1450002 1-.1450002 11.
- Anisur Rahman (2013) ‘Cost Sharing Lifetime Warranty: Modelling Costs,’ International Journal of Reliability, Quality, and Safety Engineering, (accepted, in Press).
- Anisur Rahman and Azharul karim, (2013), ‘Application of Lean Production in Reducing Operational Waste in a Tile Manufacturing Process’, International Journal of Management Science and Engineering Management, Vol. 8, Issue 2, Taylor and Francis.
- Oz Sahin, Sherif Mohamed, Jan Warnken, Anisur Rahman, (2013) ‘Assessment of Sea Level Rise Adaptation Options: Multiple-Criteria Decision-Making Approach Involving Stakeholders, Structural Survey, Vol. 31, Issue 4, Emerald.
- Masuda Sultana, Anisur Rahman, and Sanaul Chowdhury, 2013, ‘Performance Based Maintenance of Road Infrastructure by Contracting-A Review’, International Journal of Productivity and performance management, Vol. 63, Issue 2, pp. 276-292, Emerald.
- Anisur Rahman and Gopinath Chattopadhyay, (2012) ‘Cost Sharing Lifetime Warranty: Modelling Costs’, Asia Pacific Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 29(4).
- M. Sultana, A. Rahman, and S. Chowdhury, (2012), ‘Performance Based Maintenance of Road Infrastructure by Contracting - A Challenge for Developing Countries’, Journal of Service Science and Management, Vol. 5, Issue 2, pp 118-123, ISSN 1940 9907
- Anisur Rahman, and M.C.Olaya Varon, (2011) ‘Optimising Fuel Supply Chain for Fleet Operations in Large Organisation, International Journal of Energy Science, Vol. 1 Issue 1, pp 1-11.
- Anisur Rahman and Gopinath Chattopadhyay, (2010), Modelling Risks to Manufacturer and Buyer for Lifetime Warranty Policies, International Journal of Management Science and Engineering Management, Vol. 5 Issue 3, pp 203-209
- Anisur Rahman & Gopinath Chattopadhyay (2007), Optimal Service Contract Policies for Outsourcing Maintenance Service of Assets to the Service Providers, International Journal of Reliability and Applications, Vol.8(2), p 183-199, ISSN -1598-0073.
- Gopinath Chattopadhyay and Anisur Rahman (2008), Development of lifetime warranty policies and models for estimating costs, Reliability Engineering and System Safety, vol.93, no.4, Elsevier Ltd., United Kingdom, United States.
- Anisur Rahman & Gopinath Chattopadhyay (2007), Soil Factors Behind Inground Decay of Timber Poles: Testing and Interpretation of Results, IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol.22, no.3, IEEE, United States.
- Rahman, A. and Chattopadhyay, G.N (2006), “Review of Long Term warranty policies”, Asia Pacific Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 22(4), p 453-473.
- Chattopadhyay, G.N. and Rahman, A. (2004), “Optimal Maintenance Decisions for Power Supply Timber Poles”, Vol 5(4), pp 115-128. ISSN -1598-0073.