B Engineering (Hons), GCert Higher Education, Dr Philosophy
Professor, Griffith School of Engineering
Professor Stewart has active research interests in the field of engineering, construction and project management. Specifically his research covers topics such as innovation in construction (project information management systems, building information models, IT project life cycle management, innovation diffusion), process improvement (six sigma, TQM, international standards), modern procurement practices (joint ventures, PPP, BOOT, alliance contracts, technology transfer), water resource management (water end-use analysis, recycled water strategies, least cost demand management solutions), smart asset management (decision support systems, fibre optics) and engineering education (project based learning, work integrated learning, international students).
Current teaching areas
- Construction Engineering
- Project Evaluation and Control
- Resource Planning and Management
- Advanced Topics in Construction Management
- Beal, C., Stewart, R.A., and Fielding, K. (2011) A novel mixed method smart metering approach to reconciling differences between perceived and actual residential end use water consumption. Journal of Cleaner Production, 1-13.
- Willis, R.M., Stewart, R.A., Panuwatwanich, K., Williams, P.R. and Hollingsworth, A.L. (2011) Quantifying the influence of environmental and water conservation attitudes on household end use water consumption. Journal of Environmental Management, Volume 92, 1996-2009.
- Talebpour, R.M., Stewart, R.A., Beal, C., Dowling, B., Sharma, A., Fane, S. (2011) Rainwater Tank End Usage and Energy Demand: A Pilot Study. Water: Journal of the Australian Water Association, Volume 38 , 97-101.
- Willis, R.M., Stewart, R.A., Williams, P.R., Hacker, C.H., Emmonds, S.C. and Capati, G. (2011) Residential potable and recycled water end uses in a dual reticulated supply system. Desalination, Volume 272, 201-211.
- Makki, A., Stewart, R.A., Panuwatwanich, K. and Beal, C. (2011) Revealing the determinants of shower water end use consumption: enabling better targeted urban water conservation strategies. Journal of Cleaner Production, 1-18.
- Stewart, R.A., Willis, R.M., Panuwatwanich, K. and Sahin, O. (2011) Showering behavioural response to alarming visual display monitors: longitudinal mixed method study. Behaviour & Information Technology, 1-17.
- Willis, R.M., Stewart, R.A., Panuwatwanich, K. Jones, S. and Kyriakides, A. (2010) Alarming visual display monitors affecting shower end use water and energy conservation in Australian residential households. Resources, Conservation and Recycling, Volume 54, 1117-1127.
- Huang, A., Stewart, R.A. and Chen, L. (2010) Identifying key enablers to improve business performance in Taiwanese electronic manufacturing companies. International Journal of Operations & Production Management, Volume 30, 155-180.
- Stewart, R.A., Willis, R.M., Giurco, D., Panuwatwanich, K. and Capati, G. (2010) Web-based knowledge management system: linking smart metering to the future of urban water planning. Australian Planner, Volume 47, 66-74.
- Huang, T.T., Stewart, R.A. and Chen, L. (2010) The moderating effect of knowledge sharing on the relationship between manufacturing activities and business performance.Knowledge Management Research & Practice, Volume 8, 285-306.
- Huang, T.T., Stewart, R.A. and Chen, L. (2009) Identifying key enablers to improve business performance in Taiwanese electronic manufacturing companies. International Journal of Operations & Production Management, Volume 30, Number 2, 155-180.
- Panuwatwanich, K., Stewart, R.A. and Mohamed, S. (2009) Validation of an empirical model for innovation diffusion in Australian architectural and design firms. Construction Innovation, Volume 9, Number 4, 449-467.
- Willis, R., Stewart, R.A., Panuwatwanich, K., Capati, B. and Giurco, D. (2009) Gold Coast domestic water end use study. Water: Journal of the Australian Water Association, Volume 36, Number 6, 79-85.
- Panuwatwanich, K., Stewart, R.A. and Mohamed, S. (2009) Critical pathways to enhanced innovation diffusion and business performance in Australian design firms. Automation in Construction, Volume 18, 790-797.
- Huang, T.T.,Stewart, R.A. and Chen L. (2009) Knowledge sharing leveraging new product development activities to derive enhanced business performance: mixed method study. The IEEE International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management (IEEE2009), 8th – 11th December 2009, Hong Kong, China.
- Stewart, R.A. and Panuwatwanich, K. (2009) Industry partnered PhD projects: impediments, coping strategies and procedures. Proceedings of the 2009 Australasian Association of Engineering Education Conference (AaeE), Adelaide, 6-9 December 2009.
- Britton, T., Stewart, R.A. and O’Halloran, K. (2009) Smart metering: providing the foundation for post meter leakage management. 5th IWA Specialist Conference - Efficient 2009, 25-28 October 2009, Sydney, Australia.
- Willis, R., Stewart, R.A., Talebpour, M.R., Mousavinejad, A., Jones, S. and Giurco, D. (2009) Revealing the impact of socio-demographic factors and efficient devices on water end use water consumption: case of Gold Coast, Australia. 5th IWA Specialist Conference - Efficient 2009, 25-28 October 2009, Sydney, Australia.
- Willis, R.,Stewart, R.A., and Emmonds, S. (2009) Pimpama-Coomera dual reticulation end use study: baseline situational context and post-commission end use prediction. 7th International Conference on Water Reclamation & Reuse, 21-25 September 2009. Brisbane, Australia.
- Willis, R., Stewart, R., Panuwatwanich, K., and Williams, P. (2009) Influence of household socioeconomic region and resident type on end use water consumption levels. 2nd International Conference on Water Economics, Statistics, and Finance, International Water Association, Alexandroupolis, Thrace - Greece, 3-5 July 2009. Greece.
- Willis, R., Stewart, R.A. and Capati, B. (2009) Closing the loop on urban water planning: an integrated smart metering and knowledge based system approach. 10th IWA Conference on Instruction, Control and Automation, 14-17 June 2009, Cairns, Conference Proceedings.
- Britton, T. Stewart, R.A. and Wiskar, D. (2009) Smart metering as a tool for revealing the characteristics of household leakage during a typical reading cycle. OzWater'09, Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre, Melbourne, March 16-18 2009, Melbourne.
- Stewart, R.A. and Chen, L. (2009) Developing a framework for work integrated research higher degree studies in an Australian engineering context. European Journal of Engineering Education, Volume 34, Number 2, 155-169.
- Huang, T.T., Stewart, R.A. and Chen, L. (2008) Empirical study to indentify the key business activities contributing to manufacturing business performance. Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering, Volume 31, Number 2, 747-755.