BA, PG Diploma (Politics), Masters of Arts, PhD
- Assistant Director, Coastal Adaptation, Department of Climate Change and Energy Efficiency
- Visitor, Fenner School of Environment and Society, Australian National University
- Coastal and marine policy, planning and management
- Social science & social research, including the human dimensions of climate change
- Public policy & the political process
- Sustainability policy and natural resource management
- Stakeholder engagement, facilitation, public participation & community consultation
- Market & non-market valuation
- Capacity building
- Development of education and training tools
- Lazarow, N., & Dovers, S. (2010). Ecologically Sustainable Development in Marine Areas: Environment, Economics and People. In W. Gullett, C. Schofield & J. Vince (Eds.), Marine Resources Management. Sydney: LexisNexis Butterworths.
- Lazarow, N. (2010). Managing and Valuing Coastal Resources: An Examination of the Importance of Local Knowledge and Surf Breaks to Coastal Communities. Unpublished PhD Thesis, Australian National University, Canberra.
- Lazarow, N., & Dovers, S., 2010. Barriers and Bridges to the Effective Engagement By Local Government of Key Stakeholders in Coastal Climate Change Policy and Plans. Proceedings of the International Symposium on Coastal Zone and Climate Change: Assessing the Impacts and Developing Adaptation Strategies, 12-13 April, Monash University, Gippsland (forthcoming).
- Lazarow, N. 2009. Using Observed Market Expenditure to Estimate the Economic Impact of Recreational Surfing to the Gold Coast, Australia. Journal of Coastal Research, Special Issue 56: Proceedings of the 10th International Coastal Symposium, Lisbon, Portugal, 1130-1134.
- Lazarow, N., Miller, M. L., & Blackwell, B. 2008. The Value of Recreational Surfing to Society. Tourism in Marine Environments, 5(2-3), p.145-158.
- Lazarow, N., Smith, T.F., & Clarke, B., 2008. Coasts In Lindenmayer, D., Dovers, S., Hariss Olson, M., & Morton, S., (eds), Ten Commitments: Reshaping the Lucky Country's Environment. Canberra: CSIRO Publishing, p.87-94.
- Lazarow, N., Miller, M.L., Blackwell, B., 2007. Dropping In: A Case Study Approach to understanding the socio-economic Impact of Recreational Surfing and its Value to the Coastal Economy, Shore and Beach, Vol 75, No 4 Fall, p.21-31.
- Lazarow, N., 2007. The value of Coastal Recreational Resources: A Case Study Approach to Examine the Value of Recreational Surfing to Specific Locales. Journal of Coastal Research, SI 50 Proceedings of the 9th International Coastal Symposium, Gold Coast, Australia, p.12-20.
- Lazarow, N., Souter, R., Fearon, R., & Dovers, S., (eds) 2006. Coastal Management in Australia; Key Institutional and Governance Issues for Coastal Natural Resource Management, Coastal CRC, Brisbane.
- Thom, B., & Lazarow, N., 2006. Environmental History and Decision-Making. In Lazarow, N., Souter, R., Fearon, R., & Dovers, S., (eds), Coastal Management in Australia: Key Institutional and Governance Issues for Coastal Natural Resource Management and Planning, Brisbane: Cooperative Research Centre for Coastal Zone, Estuary and Waterway Management p.117-124.
- Lazarow, N., 2006. Community Participation in ICZM—Lessons and Areas for Improvement in Governance in Lazarow, N., Souter, R., Fearon, R., & Dovers, S., (eds) 2006. Coastal Management in Australia; Key Institutional and Governance Issues for Coastal Natural Resource Management, Coastal CRC, Brisbane, p.79-88.
- Smith, T.F., & Lazarow, N.S., 2006. Social Learning and the Adaptive Management Framework Journal of Coastal Research, SI 39 (Proceedings of the 8th International Coastal Symposium), Itajaí, SC – Brazil, ISSN 0749-0208, p.952-954.
- Lazarow, N., Pembleton, J., & Smith, T., 2003. The Citizen Science Toolbox: Smarter public involvement in ICM, proceedings of MEDCOAST 03 conference, Ravenna, Italy, October 7-11, p.169-178.
Lazarow, N., 2003. New Tricks and Old Dogs: Institutional Arrangements, Incentives and Governance for Integrated Coastal Management, proceedings of MEDCOAST 03 conference, Ravenna, Italy, October 7-11, p.145-156.
- Lazarow, N., & Wescott, G., 2010. The Current State of Coastal Management in Australia, keynote address, National Coastal Conference, Adelaide, September 21-24 (forthcoming).
- Lazarow, N., 2007. Key Institutional and Governance Issues for Coastal Natural Resource Management, keynote address, Inaugural Qld Coastal Conference, Bundaberg, September p.17-19.