The Water Leadership Program (WLP) is an award-winning program that helps emerging leaders to develop the ability to exert influence, drive change and advance challenging integrated water management projects – abilities associated with the most effective integrated water management leaders.
Designed to build your capacity to continually develop as a water industry leader over your career, this nine-month program features a balance between academic and real-world approaches to learning. This program is offered part-time over nine months and includes;
- 2 x face-to-face intensives
- mentoring activities with experienced water industry executives
- 1 to 1 coaching sessions with specialist leadership coaches who work in the water sector
- a mix of face-to-face and online delivery modes
- the use of individual leadership development plans
- the use of leadership-focused case studies from the water sector
The program helps emerging leaders to strengthen their skills in:
- initiating and driving change
- implementing more integrated and sustainable water management practices
- leading high-performing, cross-boundary, multidisciplinary teams
- exercising influence across various organisational boundaries
- strategically building and using social networks
- anticipating, planning for, and using ‘windows of opportunity’ to drive change
- using various influence strategies and models of change.
Benefits for employers
Research indicates that networks of skilled water leaders are a major factor in driving change and helping water organisations meet the complex challenges of the 21st century. According to the feedback gathered from participants in the last three rounds, we conservatively estimate that organisations fully funding staff to participate should see a positive return on investment in less than one year (on average).
Who should enrol?
Project and middle managers with at least three years of experience in the water industry and a desire to complement their technical and management skills with advanced leadership capacities.
- Location: Blended delivery - Brisbane and online
- Applications Close: October 31 2021 or when cohort capacity is reached
- Fees: $10,500 (GST Inclusive)
- Commences: December 1 2021
- Duration: 9 months part-time
- Open to: Domestic students only (it is a requirement of the program that participants attend the intensives in Brisbane) To gauge your program readiness please use this self-assessment tool.
- This program can be linked to the Graduate Certificate in Water Leadership
Enquiries - +61 7 3735 9137 / email@example.com
Interested in joining our program? Applications are now open for our 2022 intake. Registrations close 31st October or until cohort is at capacity.
Note: This program will run subject to registration numbers meeting a minimum cohort requirement. Are you interested in applying for one of our Water Leadership Program Scholarships? If so please fill in our scholarship form here instead.