Emergency evacuation procedure
If the evacuation alarm sounds, or you are advised to evacuate the building:
- Do not panic – remain calm
- Leave the building immediately
- Do not delay when gathering personal belongings or bags, this may delay your exit from the building
- Do not use building lifts
- Do not run, push or overtake
- Go to the building's emergency assembly area and remain there (see Evacuation Plans below)
- Listen for, and follow instructions given by Building Wardens, Security Officers, Campus Chief Warden or Emergency Services personnel
- Fire alarm – close but do not lock doors
- Chemical/Biological threat – close but do not lock doors
- Bomb threat – leave doors open
- Do not re-enter the building, or leave the assembly area until given the all clear by Building Wardens, Security Officers, Campus Chief Warden or the Emergency Services personnel
Bushfire emergency plan
Personal emergency evacuation plan (PEEP)
Building Wardens complete this form for any person who has a disability and will require assistance during an emergency evacuation. A copy of the completed for is to be held by the Building Warden, designated assistants and the person requiring assistance.
Evacuation plans are available for each campus via the Griffith Portal (requires staff login).
Evacuation signs are available for each campus via the Griffith Portal (requires staff login).