B Teaching (Primary), B Education Studies (Hons), GCert Higher Education, Doctor of Philosophy
Lecturer, Education and Professional Studies
- Teaching in rural and remote contexts
- Pre-service teacher and early career mentoring and development
- Leadership in education
- ARC Discovery - Chenoweth, L., McAuliffe, D., O'Connor, B., Jervis-Tracey, P. & Stehlik, D. (2009-2011). Managing tensions in professional statutory practice: Living and working in rural and remote communities. Host institution: Griffith University. 2009-$40 000; 2010-$50 000; 2011-$45 000.
Current teaching areas
- Specialist and general primary professional experience
- Primary internship
- Rural and remote education
- Vadeboncoeur, J. & Jervis-Tracey, P. (2004). Crossing Boundaries: Perspectives across paradigms in educational research. Brisbane: Australian Academic Press.
- Dempster, N. & Jervis-Tracey, P. (2007). Leadership Stories (pp. 20-51). In N. Dempster (Ed.) The Treasure Within: Leadership and Succession Planning. Australia: ACE Publications.
- Jervis-Tracey, P. (2004). Managing the teleconference: Orienting to the technology, attending to business (pp. 119-158). In J. Vadeboncoeur and P. Jervis-Tracey (Eds). Crossing Boundaries: Perspectives across paradigms in educational research. Brisbane: Australian Academic Press.
- Jervis-Tracey, P. (2003). Managing not leading the alliance (pp. 209-240). In J.A. Vadeboncoeur and S. Rawolle (Eds.) Educational Imaginings: On the play of texts and contexts. Qld: Academic Press.
- Jervis-Tracey, P. (2005). Inter-institutional alliance and networks: New directions in leadership. International Journal of Leadership in Education: Theory and Practice. 8(4), pp. 291-308.
Non - refereed proceedings
- Jervis-Tracey, P. (2006). Being real: Interns perceptions of internships programs. Preparing Teachers for a Changing Context, London University, Institute of Education, England.
- Jervis-Tracey, P. (2006, May). Orienting to the technology: Pre-closing, closing and terminating the tele-conference. International Conference on Conversation Analysis, University of Helsinki, Finland.
- Cooper, M., Sim, C. & Jervis-Tracey, P. (2006 July). Give it a go: Early career teachers in rural and remote settings. Australian Teacher Education Association, Fremantle, Western Australia.