B Science, M Education, GDip Education, Doctor of Philosophy
Coordinator, Community Partnerships
Jason's research focuses on cognition, mental models, teacher professional development, ICT education, technology education, enhancing teaching through technology, and curriculum reform.
Current teaching areas
- Introduction to research in education
- ICT and pedagogy
- ICT pedagogy leadership
- ICT for teachers
- Technologies education
- Arts and technology education
- Multimedia in education
- Middle years computing
- Senior computing curriculum
Full details of teaching available from jason.zagami.info/praxis
- Zagami, J. (2012). Seeing Is Understanding: The Effect of Visualisation in Understanding Programming Concepts, Brisbane, Queensland: EduTechPress.
- Zagami, J. (2011), Technology and the Arts, in C. J. Klopper & S. Garvis (Ed.), Tapping into classroom practice of the arts: from inside out (pp. 157-171). Brisbane, Queensland: Post Pressed.
- Zagami, J. & Finger, G. (2010), Teaching and learning opportunities: Possibilities and practical ideas, in M. Lee & G. Finger (Eds.), Developing a Networked School Community: a guide to realising the vision (pp. 199-213). Camberwell, Victoria: ACER Press.
- Zagami, J. (2013). Social Ecological Model Analysis for ICT Integration. Australian Educational Computing, 27(3) 143-149.
Full list of publications available from jason.zagami.info/theora
Selected Community Service
- Australian College of Educators (ACE) Gold Coast, President
- Australian Council for Computers in Education (ACCE) National Board
- Queensland Society for Information Technology in Education (QSITE), State President
- International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) Association Liasion
- Computer Science Teachers Association (CSTA)
- Teacher Education Industry Advisory Group (TEIAG) Gold Coast
- Apple Distinguished Educator (ADE)
- Google Certified Teacher (GCT)
Full details of community service available from jason.zagami.info/bellwether