B Science (Hons), Dip Education, B Education (Spec Ed), M Economics, Doctor of Philosophy
Lecturer, School of Education and Professional Studies
Research interest focuses on research applications addressing issue of disadvantage and social inclusion, with a particular interest in the development and use of applications that contribute to the capacity to contribute to effective information for decision making.
Areas of expertise
- Survey design and analysis
- Mixed methods approaches
- Quantitative analysis
- Policy and economic analysis
Current teaching areas
- Research methods (Hons)
- Research methods in education
- Research methods 2 – surveys and interviews
- Research methods 3
- Flückiger, B. & Klieve, H. (in press). Family engagement in early literacy programs: Reconceptualising learning leadership in remote indigenous communities, In Leadership for learning and effective change, Johnson and McKenzie (Ed.), Springer.
- Klieve, H., Hargraves, W. & Morris, R. (2014), Quantitative Research in Music: A viable option for music researchers. Editor Kay Hartwig, Research Methodologies in Music Education, ANZARME, Cambridge Scholars.
- J L Bannister, Sandra Taylor and Helen Sutherland 1980, Logbook Records of 19th Century Sperm Whaling : A report on the 12 month project 1978-79 Rep.Int,Whal, Comm. (International Whaling Commission Special Issue 5).
- Le, H., A., Klieve, H. & McDonald, C. (submitted). Transnational Tourism Programs in Vietnam: Students’ Perspectives and A Practitioner’s Reflection. Journal of Hospitality, Leisure, Sport, and Tourism Education.
- Jarvis-Tracy, P., Klieve, H., McAuliff, D., Chenoweth, L., O’Connor , B. & Stehlik. D (submitted). Negotiated Spaces: Identifying tensions for professionals living and working in rural communities. Submitted, Regional Issues, April 2014.
- Hwang, Y.S. Kearney, P., Lang, W., Klieve, H. & Roberts, J. (submitted). Mindful practitioner, mindfulness teacher for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder and problem behaviours: A progress report on a pilot project. Journal of Child and Family Studies Experience.
- Flückiger, B. & Klieve, H. (in press). Towards an evidence base: Exploring the impact of community-based literacy programs in remote Indigenous communities Australasian Journal of Early Childhood. Submitted March 2014.
- Fleming, J., Ewing, R., Anderson, M. & Klieve, H. (2014) Re-Imagining the Wheel: The Implications of Cultural Diversity for Mainstream Theatre Programming in Australia, Theatre Research International, 39 (2), p. 133-48.
- Beamish,W., Bryer, F. & Klieve, H. (2014). Transitioning Children with Autism to School: Identifying the Most Important Practices. Australasian Journal of Special Education, p. 1-13.
- Hwang, Y.S. & Klieve, H., Kearney, P. & Saggers, B. (2013). Experience, Recursive Awareness and Understanding in Autism Spectrum Disorders: Insights of Parents and Teachers in Singapore. Asia Pacific Journal of Education vol.online, Routedge, London.
- Billett, S., Dymock, D., Klieve, H., Martin, G & Johnson, G. (2012), Mature-age white-collar workers’ training and employability'. International Journal of Lifelong Education.
- Andersen K., Hawgood J., Klieve H., Kolves K., & De Leo D. (2010), 'Suicide in selected occupations in Queensland: Evidence from the State suicide register', in Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry, vol.44, no.3.
- Klieve H., Sveticic, J. & De Leo, D. (2009) Who uses firearms as a means of suicide? A population study exploring firearm accessibility and method choice. BMC Medicine 2009, 7:52 doi:10.1186/1741-7015-7-52.
- Klieve H., Barnes M. & De Leo D. (2008), 'Controlling firearms use in Australia: has the 1996 gun law reform produced the decrease in rates of suicide with this method?', in Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology, vol.44, no.5,.
- De Leo D., Klieve H. & Barnes M. (2007), 'Austrian firearms: data requires cautious approach', in British Journal of Psychiatry, vol.191, 562 – 563.
- De Leo D. & Klieve H. (2007), 'Communication of suicide intent by schizophrenic subjects: data from the Queensland Suicide Register', in International Journal of Mental Health Systems, vol.1, BioMed Central,
- Klieve, H.M., Kinghorn, B.P. & Barwick, S.A. (1994). The joint regulation of genetic gain and inbreeding under mate selection. J. Anim. Breed. Genet. 111:81-88.
- Klieve, H.M., Kinghorn, B. P. & Barwick, S.A. (1993) . The value of accuracy in making selection decisions. J. Anim. Breed. Genet. 110: 1-12.
- Klieve, H. & MacAulay, T.G. (1993), 'A game theory analysis of management strategies for the Southern Bluefin Tuna industry', Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics 37(1), 17-32. (Best Article published in 1993.)
Refereed Conference Papers
- Klieve H., & Middleton, H. (2012) Exploring the what and why questions in Technology Education Research and Research Training. Technology Education Research Conference, Gold Coast December 2012.
- Klieve H., Beamish W., Bryer F., Rebollo R., Perrett H. & Van Den Muyzenberg J. (2010) Accessing practitioner expertise through the on-line survey tool LimeSurvey, Technology Education Research Conference, Gold Coast December 2010.
- Finger G., Klieve H., Lang W., Prestridge S. & Zagami J. (2010), Informing the Design of Teacher Education Programs: The Need for Developing Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge. Technology Education Research Conference, Gold Coast December 2010.
- Klieve, H. & Flückiger, B., (2014). PAL Telstra Project: Evaluation Report.
- Robertson, J., Klieve, H., & Dempster, N. (2012), An investigation into the effectiveness of the Literacy Numeracy Improvement Teacher (LNIT) role in effecting change in classroom practice in Brisbane Catholic Education (BCE), A research report for Brisbane Catholic Education, conducted in partnership with GIER, Griffith University.
- Johnson, G., Wyatt-Smith, C, Colbert, P. & Klieve, H. (2011), Evaluation of the Literacy – Key to Learning: Framework for Action 2006-2009, Report to DET.
- Klieve, H (2010) “Me and My Community”: Evaluation Report, Centre for Rural & Remote Mental Health Queensland, Cairns, Queensland.
- McKay K., Kolves K., Klieve H. & De Leo, D. (2009), 'Building bridges to implement successful life promotion and suicide prevention expertise across Aboriginal communities: Evaluation Report', in Building Bridges: Learning from the Experts, p.1-40, Centre for Rural & Remote Mental Health Queensland, Cairns Queensland.
- De Leo, D., Hawgood J., Ide, N., Andersen, K. & Klieve, H. (2008): Post-Discharge Care in Psychiatric Patients at High Risk of Suicide. A report to the Commonwealth of Australia, Australian Institute for Suicide Research and Prevention, Griffith University, Brisbane.
- Hawgood J., Klieve H., Harris K. & De Leo D. (2008) Investigation into New South Wales police suicide: A review of the Lake Macquarie Local Area Command. Australian Institute for Suicide Research and Prevention, Griffith University: Brisbane, 2008.
- De Leo D., Klieve H. & Milner A. (2006) Suicide in Queensland 2002-2004: Mortality rates and related data. Brisbane: Australian Institute for Suicide Research and Prevention.