Considering changing to a teaching career?
Then consider this 5-point formula for priority permanent employment as a teacher.
- Enrol in Griffith’s Graduate Diploma of Education - Secondary
- Undergo your induction/practicum program through the Teacher Education Centre of Excellence: STEM.
- Complete the centre’s innovative school-based program and be well-equipped with the skills and knowledge required of contemporary teachers.
- Graduate with your Griffith postgraduate teaching qualification.
- Get priority for permanent employment with the Department of Education and Training, and kick start your teaching career!
Entry in to the STEM program requires a QTAC application and an interview
- You must have an undergraduate degree in which studies in the fields of maths and/or the sciences (eg chemistry, physics) are clearly present.
- One area as a main teaching area (at least 6 courses contributing content to one specific discipline area).
- A second teaching area (must have minimum of 4 semester courses for content in that discipline area).
- Apply for the Graduate Diploma of Education - Secondary - through Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre.
- Your STEM TECE application will be assessed by the Griffith University Program Convenor
- You will be invited by the Head of Mentoring to an interview with the TECE.
- If you do not receive a TECE offer, you are still able to accept the Griffith offer through QTAC and will complete the Graduate Diploma of Education (Primary or Secondary) through the standard Griffith University program.
- English language requirements apply to International applicants and other applicants whose previous study was undertaken in a language other than English. There are minimum English language requirements for such applicants for entry to all programs:
English language requirements: Postgraduate Education (pre-service teacher) programs
Preservice teacher application package
Applications are now closed for the 2017 TECE Program
Get a head start on your teaching career and secure employment while you’re still studying! The Queensland Department of Education and Training is offering all high quality final year preservice teachers the opportunity to join one of the six Teacher Education Centre of Excellence (TECE) programs in 2017.
- A permanent offer of employment in a high priority locations
- Extensive mentoring and professional development
- An additional boost of self-assurance to hit the ground running on the start of your teaching career!
- Apply through the SMART Jobs website
- You must also fill out the Preservice teacher application form (by hand) and return to Kim Alden, Head of Mentoring, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications beyond this may be considered in special circumstances.