About the service
This service provides for purchase, installation and configuration of desktop computers, laptops and tablets from the approved Hardware list. This Service also provides for assistance with disposal of old desktop computers and laptops.
This service is available to
All Griffith University staff in libraries, teaching and common use spaces, school laboratories and general offices.
What can I expect?
- Supply and installation of authorised workstations
- Imaging with standard operating environment (operating system software, office productivity suite, antivirus, tools and utilities)
- Setup of business applications and tools
- Configuring printing
- Backup and restoration of user data
- Asset identification tagging and centraised asset database
- Secure erase of data
- Home computer purchase and configuration
- Installation of software products on personally owned computers
Telephone support is available during Service Centre Hours of Operation.
Onsite support is available - Monday to Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm.
Equipment purchase costs will be passed through to the requesting school or element.
How do I get this service?
This service can be initiated through IT Self-Service or by calling the IT Service Centre.