Deductible Gift Recipient
Griffith University is endorsed by the Australian Taxation Office as a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR), and can receive income tax-deductible gifts. Donations to Griffith of $2 or more are tax deductible in Australia.
Further information about DGRs, tax-deductible gifts and contributions can be found at the Australian Taxation Office.
Griffith University is also endorsed to make public appeals for support under the Collections Act 1996, sanction number CP5701.
Griffith Foundation Board
The role of the Griffith Foundation is to:
- Provide leadership in, and commitment to, the active seeking of philanthropic gifts from individuals, corporations/businesses and governments - locally, nationally and internationally.
- Provide a governance structure to oversee the work and performance of the University’s fundraising activities, with particular emphasis on capital and major gift projects.
The Griffith Foundation Board is appointed by the University Council on the recommendation of the Vice Chancellor. The Board members are:
- Professor Ian O’Connor, Vice Chancellor and President
- Professor Martin Betts, Deputy Vice Chancellor (Engagement)
- Ms Gillian French, Director, Development and Alumni
- Ms Libby Shakespeare DUniv
- Mr Terry Robertson AO DUniv (Dec.)
- Mr Rob Borbidge AO DUniv
- Mr Khory McCormick DUniv
Friends of Griffith Board (USA)
Friends of Griffith Board United States of America was established in 2003 as a public benefit corporation.
Its members are loyal Griffith University supporters dedicated to:
- promoting and providing information about Griffith University
- engaging with former students and friends of Griffith living in the United States
- encouraging individuals, corporations and charitable entities to become involved in and provide financial support for Griffith's teaching and research programs.
Donations to Griffith University in the United States of America made through Friends of Griffith University in the United States, Inc. are eligible for tax deductibility within the guidelines established by the Internal Revenue Service. Friends of Griffith University in the United States, Inc. is a 501 c3 charitable organisation.
Development and Alumni-related policies