Griffith University is a leader in promoting reconciliation, respect, education and engagement with regard to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Griffith has the largest Indigenous student population of any Queensland university, as well as the second largest cohort of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander academic staff.
At the forefront of Griffith University’s First Peoples philosophy and practice is the provision of a culturally safe environment conducive to teaching, learning, strategies, partnerships and programs for our students, staff and communities.
Donations in support of Australia's First People make a difference to the lives of this community.
First Peoples Health Unit
Supporting influential leaders valuing collective knowledges toward better health and wellbeing outcomes for Australia’s First Peoples.
Offering a safe and culturally appropriate environment to enhance the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander student experience.
First Peoples scholarships
Helping Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students achieve their educational dreams through a scholarship.
Indigenous Research Unit
Creating an environment that fosters the sharing of Indigenous research and knowledges, and develops research capacity.
FIRST PEOPLES HEALTH UNIT
Help close the gap in health outcomes for Australia's First Peoples through learning, teaching, research and engagement.
- Learning and teaching: enhancing First Peoples students' success and transforming the student and staff experiences in First Peoples health.
- Research and engagement: contributing to First Peoples health research through the continual improvement of research that benefits Australia's First Peoples and communities.
GUMURRII STUDENT SUPPORT UNIT
GUMURRII is a dedicated Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander student support unit assisting all students in recruitment, orientation and graduation.
- Apply to study: providing an admissions program for Australian First Peoples wanting to study at Griffith.
- Study assistance: connecting students with tutors to help them achieve the best possible outcomes in their courses.
FIRST PEOPLES SCHOLARSHIPS
Supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students through a scholarship can make a huge difference whether it's through:
- Academics, accommodation and sport
- Undergraduate or postgraduate studies
INDIGENOUS RESEARCH UNIT
Help advance quality research developed and undertaken in collaboration with communities, researchers and organisations.
- Indigenous postdoctoral and research fellowships: tap into the potential of early career and experienced researchers
- Kungullanji Indigenous Undergraduate Research program: create opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander undergraduate students to gain research skills and experience.
Ready to make your gift?
Thank you for your generous support. Every gift makes a difference.