Become a mentor
At Griffith University we value the contribution our alumni make to help students. Through the Griffith Industry Mentoring Program, you can help students clarify career objectives and expand their insight, knowledge and overall perspective of their careers. If you are interested in becoming a mentor there are a range of programs to fit your needs, whether you are based in Southeast Queensland, interstate, or overseas. We seek mentors from a wide range of disciplines with at least four years’ experience in their field. If this sounds like you and you think you might enjoy sharing your expertise and career journey with an emerging professional, we would love to hear from you.
The benefits for mentors include:
- personal satisfaction-rewards in giving back and contributing directly to your profession and future colleagues
- learning about current trends from the latest research
- developing skills in coaching, mentoring and personal support
- the chance to meet potential employees
- opportunities to reflect on your own personal practice
- recognition of your mentoring role at Griffith and within your own workplace
- opportunities to network with other professionals in your field.
Our Industry Mentoring Program matches current Griffith undergraduate and postgraduate students with Southeast Queensland-based professionals in their field. The program runs from August to October.
For those based interstate or overseas, Griffith Global E-Mentoring (GGEM) is an e-mentoring program focused on global engagement. GGEM is flexible and offers two ways to engage: mentoring (long-term, ongoing contact with a Griffith student) and advising (short-term, situational contact with a Griffith student).