Lecturer, School of Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Criminal justice history (social order and imprisonment)
- Criminal justice education (disciplinary content and outcomes)
- Youth justice (professional orientations)
- Assessment and evaluation in higher education
Current teaching areas
- Youth justice
- Making sense of the criminal justice system
- Crime and Media
- Wimshurst, K and Manning, M (2017). Making sense of the combined degree experience: The example of criminology double degrees. Studies in Higher Education, 42(4), 669-684.
- Wimshurst, K (2014) Age, prostitution and punishment in the late-nineteenth century. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Criminology, 47(1), 102-122.
- Wimshurst, K and Manning, M (2013) Feed-forward assessment, exemplars and peer marking: evidence of efficacy. Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Education, 38(4), 451-465.
- Wimshurst. K (2012) Intersections in colonial and penal politics: The case of Queensland in the 1870s. History Australia, 9(2), 135-156.
- Wimshurst, K (2011) Applying threshold concepts theory to an unsettled field: An exploratory study in criminal justice education. Studies in Higher Education, 36 (3), 301-314.
- Wimshurst, K (2010) The reformative powers of higher education for policing? In, C. Lewis, J. Ransley and R. Homel (Eds) The Fitzgerald Legacy: Reforming Public Life in Australia and Beyond. Brisbane; Australian Academic Press, 169-183.
- Wimshurst, K and Allard, T (2008). Personal and institutional Characteristics of Student Failure. Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Education , 33 (6), 687-698.
- Wimshurst, K and Allard, T (2007). Entering youth justice: Comparing the views of human services and criminology students. Australian Social Work , 60 (4), 436-449.
- Wimshurst, K and Ransley, J (2007). Police education and the university sector: Contrasting models from the Australian experience. Journal of Criminal Justice Education, 18 (1), 106-122.
- Wimshurst, K and Allard, T (2007). Criminal justice education, employment destinations, and graduate satisfaction. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Criminology, 40 (2), 218-235.
- Wimshurst, K and Hayes, H (2006). Youth and Crime. In, A. Goldsmith, M. Israel and K. Daly (Eds) Crime and Justice: A Guide to Criminology, 3rd edition, Thomson Lawbook, Sydney, 113-134.
- Wimshurst, K, Wortley, R, Bates, M and Allard, T (2006). The impact of institutional factors on student academic results: Implications for quality in universities. Higher Education Research and Development, 25 (2), 131-145.
- Wimshurst, K, Marchetti, E and Allard, T (2004). The attitudes of criminal justice students to Australian Indigenous people: Does higher education influence student perceptions? Journal of Criminal Justice Education, 15 (2), 327-350.
- Wimshurst, K (2002). Punishment, welfare and gender ordering in Queensland, 1920-1940. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Criminology, 35 (3), 308-329.