PhD, B Psychology (Honours), B Behavioural Science, B Criminology and Criminal Justice
Lecturer, School of Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Understanding and preventing sexual violence and abuse
- Assessment and treatment of youth and adult sexual offenders
- Factors associated with the onset of youth and adult offending
- Developmental, situational, and social ecological aspects of sexual violence and abuse
Current teaching areas
- Forensic Mental Health (Mental Disorder and Crime)
- Sexual and Violent Offender Assessment
- Sexual and Violent Offender Treatment
- McKillop, N., Ronken, C., & Vidler, S. (2011).The Bravehearts toolbox for practitioners working with child sexual assault. Bowen Hills:Australian Academic Press.
- Smallbone, S. & McKillop, N. (2015). ‘Evidence-informed approaches to preventing sexual violence and abuse’. In Donnelly, P.D. & Ward, C.L. (Eds).Oxford Textbook in Violence Prevention: Epidemiology, Evidence, and Policy. Oxford:Oxford University Press.
- Smallbone, S. & McKillop, N. (2014). ‘Psychological explanations’. In H. Hayes & T. Prenzler (Eds.). An introduction to crime and criminology (4e). Sydney: Pearson
- McKillop, N., Brown, S., Smallbone, S. & Pritchard, K. (2015). Similarities and differences in adolescence-onset versus adulthood-onset sexual abuse incidents. Child Abuse and Neglect, Published online ahead of print, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.chiabu.2015.02.014.
- Allard, T., Rayment-McHugh, S., Adams, D., Smallbone, S. & McKillop, N. (2015). Responding to youth sexual offending: A field-based practice model that ‘closes the gap’ on sexual recidivism among Indigenous and non-Indigenous males. Journal of Sexual Aggression: An international, interdisciplinary forum for research, theory and practice, Published online ahead of print DOI: 10.1080/13552600.2014.1003107
- McKillop, N., Smallbone, S., & Wortley, R (2014). Predicting single victim versus multiple victim child-sex offending: An examination of distal and proximal factors associated with the first sexual offence incident. Journal of Sexual Aggression: An international, interdisciplinary forum for research, theory and practice, Published online ahead of print, http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/13552600.2014.971892.
- McKillop, N., Smallbone, S., Wortley, R., & Andjic, I. (2012).Offenders’ attachment and sexual abuse onset: A test of theoretical propositions. Sexual Abuse: A Journal of Research and Treatment, 24 (6), 591-610.
- Ronken, C. & Mckillop, N. (2008).Building generations: A strengths-based, solution-focussed parenting program for female adult survivors of intrafamilial sexual assault. National Child Protection Clearinghouse Newsletter, 16, (2),14-16.