B Behavioural Science (Honours), PhD (Organisational Psychology)
Senior Lecturer, School of Criminology and Criminal Justice
Current teaching areas
- Introduction to Policing
- Strategic Leadership in Criminal Justice
- Attraction and retention of police personnel
- Police leadership
- Performance management in policing
- Organisational structure and systems as they relate to innovative police strategies and operational practice
- White collar crime (in particular, regulatory systems, finance and fraud)
- Prenzler, T. and Drew, J.M. (2013). Women police in post-Fitzgerald Queensland: A 20 Year Review. Australian Journal of Public Administration, 72(4), 459-472.
- Drew, J.M. (2013). Cold, Warm, Warmer, Hot! Locating Financial Literacy Hot Spots. Journal of Financial Services Marketing, 18, 220-226.
- Drew, J.M. and Cross, C. (2013). Fraud and its PREY: Conceptualising social engineering tactics and its impact on financial literacy outcomes. Journal of Financial Services Marketing, 18, 188-198.
- Drew, J.M. and Drew, M.E. (2012). Who was Swimming Naked when the Tide went out? Introducing Criminology to the Finance Curriculum. Journal of Business Ethics Education, 9, 63-76.
- Nathie, M., Drew, J.M. and Drew, M.E. (2012). Ponzi-Operandi: Affinity fraud risks for Shari'ah compliant investment funds. International Journal of Islamic Finance, 4(1).
- Drew, J.M. (2011). Police responses to the methamphetamine problem: An analysis of the organizational and regulatory context. Police Quarterly, 14(2),99-123.
- Drew, J.M. and Drew, M.E. (2010). Establishing additionality: Fraud vulnerabilities in the Clean Development Mechanism. Accounting Research Journal, 23(3), 243-253.
- Drew, J.M. and Drew, M.E. (2010). The identification of ponzi schemes: Can a picture tell a thousand frauds? Griffith Law Review, 19(1), 51-70.
- Drew, J.M. and Drew, M.E. (2010). Ponzimonium:Madoff and the red flags of fraud. Deakin Business Review, 3(1), 5-17.
- Drew, J. Carless, S. and Thompson, B. (2008). Predicting turnover of police officers using the sixteen personality factor questionnaire. Journal of Criminal Justice, 36, 326-331.
Books and book chapters
- Drew, J. and Prenzler, T. (2015). Contemporary Police Practice. Melbourne: Oxford University Press.
- Drew, J.M. (2012). Approaches to Improving Organisational Effectiveness: The Impact of Attraction, Selection and Leadership Practices in Policing. In T.Prenzler (ed). Policing and Security in Practice: Solutions and Achievements. Hampshire: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Drew, J., and Prenzler, T. (2010). The evolution of human resource strategies in Australian policing. In C. Lewis, J. Ransley and R. Homel (Eds.), The Fitzgerald report: The enduring state, national and international influences of a Queensland inquiry. Bowen Hills: Australian Academic Press.
- Drew, J.M. and Mazerolle, L. (2009). Eras of Policing. In R. Broadhurst and S. Davies (eds). Policing in context: An Introduction to Police Work in Australia. Melbourne:Oxford University Press.
- Drew, Jacqueline M., and Michael E. Drew (2005) The Process of Participation and Phased Retirement: Evidence from Mature Aged Workers in Australia, Brisbane: PostPressed, [ISBN 1-876682-86-8].