Phd, M Arts, B Arts (Hons)
Associate Professor, School of Criminology and Criminal Justice
- developmental and life course criminology
- gender and crime/female offending
- criminological theory
- crime policy evaluation specifically around domestic violence and offender re-entry
Current teaching areas
- Contemporary Criminological Theory and Research
- Developmental Crime Prevention
- Life Course Developmental Criminology
Refereed journal articles
- Stewart, Anna, Susan Dennison, Troy Allard, Carleen Thompson, Lisa Broidy and April Chranowski. Forthcoming. Administrative data linkage as a tool for developmental and life-course criminology: The Queensland Linkage Project. Australia and New Zealand Journal of Criminology.
- Broidy, Lisa, Anna Stewart, Carleen Thomspon, April Chrzanowski, Troy Allard and Susan Dennison. 2015. Life Course Offending Pathways Across Gender and Race/Ethnicity. Journal of Developmental and Life Course Criminology. Advance online publication. DOI: 10.1007/s40865-015-0008-z.
- Broidy, Lisa, Danielle Albright, and Kristine Denman. Forthcoming. Deterring Future Incidents of Intimate Partner Violence: Does Type of Formal Intervention Matter? Violence Against Women.
- Santoro, Wayne and Lisa Broidy. 2014. Gendered Rioting: A General Strain Theoretical Approach. Social Forces. 93: 329-354.
- Getrich, Christina, Lisa Broidy, Deborah Helitzer, Alberta Kong, Erin Kleymann and Andrew Sussman. 2014. Different models of HPV vaccine decision making among adolescent girls, parents, and health care clinicians in New Mexico. Ethnicity & Health. 19: 47-63.
- Willits, Dale, Lisa Broidy and Kristine Denman. 2013. Schools and Drug Markets: Examining the Relationship between Schools and Neighborhood Drug Crime. Youth & Society. Advance online publication. DOI: 10.1177/0044118X13506448
- Albright, Danielle, Laura Banks, Lisa Broidy, Cameron Crandall, Gabriel Campos. 2013. Ethical Conundrums in Fatality Review Planning, Data Collection and Reporting: Viewing the Work of Review Teams Through the Lens of Evaluation. Homicide Studies. 17: 436-456.
- Willits, Dale, Lisa Broidy and Kristine Denman. 2013. Schools, Neighborhood Risk Factors, and Crime. Crime and Delinquency 59: 292 - 315.
- Botchkovar, Ekaterina and Lisa Broidy. 2013. Parenting, Self-Control, and the Gender Gap in Alcohol Use: The Case of Russia. International Journal of Offender Therapy and Comparative Criminology. 57: 357-376. (online first: 2012).
- Botchkovar, Ekaterina and Lisa Broidy. 2013. Accumulated Strain, Negative Emotions, and Crime: A Test of General Strain Theory in Russia. Crime and Delinquency. 59: 837-860. (online first: 2010).
- Daday, Jerry, Lisa Broidy, and Cameron Crandall. 2008. Emergency Department Utilization among Victims and Offenders Involved in Non-Lethal Violence. Social Science and Medicine. 66: 1197-1203
- Charles Tittle, Lisa Broidy and Mark Getz. 2008. Strain, Crime and Contingencies. Justice Quarterly 25:283-312
- Broidy, Lisa M., Jerry Daday, Cameron Crandall, and David Sklar, 2006. Exploring Demographic, Structural, and Behavioral Overlap Among Homicide Offenders and Victims. Homicide Studies. 10: 155-180.
- Broidy, Lisa and Carleen Thompson. 2015. Developmental and Life Course Findings on Women and Girls. In The Oxford Handbook of Developmental and Life Course Criminology, Edited by David P. Farrington, Lila Kazemian, and Alex R. Piquero. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Goldweber, Asha, Lisa Broidy, and Elizabeth Cauffman. 2009. Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Persistent Female Offending: A Review of Theory and Research For The Development of Persistent Criminality. In The Development of Persistent Criminality, edited by Joanne Savage. Oxford: Oxford University Press.