Information about clinical placements
GYFS provides opportunities for postgraduate students who are interested in gaining forensic/clinical experience in assessment and treatment within the field of adolescent sexual offending. By completing a placement within the Service, the student may gain exposure to:
• forensic report writing for the Courts;
• assessment of adolescents who have sexually offended;
• individual and family therapeutic interventions;
• risk assessment techniques in the area of sexual offending;
• working within a multisystemic framework;
• community networks in the area of youth justice and welfare; and
• the provision of professional development for community welfare and mental health professionals.
Students are supervised by suitably accredited/experienced GYFS staff, in particular a GYFS Senior Clinician.
If you are interested in discussing clinical placement opportunities, please contact us.