BSc (Hons) (Melbourne), LLB (Hons) (Griffith), Masters of Public Sector Management (Griffith)
- Animal law
- Animal ethics
- Animal welfare policy and regulation
Current teaching areas
- Property law
- Animal law
- Animal Law in Australia and New Zealand, Thomson Reuters, 2010 (with lead author D. Cao and co-contributor K. Sharman).
- Animal Law in Australasia: A New Dialogue, Federation Press, 2009 (co-edited with P. Sankoff).
- 'Regulation of the Treatment of Companion Animals', in D. Cao, K. Sharman and S. White Animal Law in Australia and New Zealand, Thomson Reuters, 2010, pp. 151-183.
- 'Regulation of Wild Animal Welfare', in D. Cao, K. Sharman and S. White Animal Law in Australia and New Zealand, Thomson Reuters, 2010, pp. 225-257.
- 'Exploring Differing Philosophical Approaches to Animal Protection in Law', in P. Sankoff and S. White (eds.) Animal Law in Australasia: A New Dialogue, Federation Press, 2009, pp. 79-107.
- 'Animals in the Wild, Animal Welfare and the Law', in P. Sankoff and S. White (eds.) Animal Law in Australasia: A New Dialogue, Federation Press, 2009, pp. 230-258.
- ‘Kangaroos vs. Cattle and Sheep: Animal Welfare, Animal Protection, and the Law’ (2013) 10(2) Journal of Bioethical Inquiry, 273-276.
- 'Companion Animals, Natural Disasters and the Law: An Australian Perspective', (2012) 2(3) Animals.
- 'Animal Law in Australian Universities: Towards 2015', in (2012) 7 Australian Animal Protection Law Journal.
- 'A Global Justice Approach to Animal Law & Ethics' (2011) 6 Australian Animal Protection Law Journal 29-52 (with Dr Gail Tulloch).
- 'Companion Animal Cruelty and Neglect in Queensland: Penalties, Sentencing and "Community Expectations", (2010) 4 Australian Animal Protection Law Journal, 46-63 (with T-L. Greysen and J. Weick).
- 'Companion Animals - Members of the Family or Legally Discarded Objects?', (2009) 32 UNSW Law Journal, 852-878.
- 'The Emergence of Animal Law in Australian Universities', (2008) 91 Reform 51-53, 85.
- 'Regulation of Animal Welfare in Australia and the Emergent Commonwealth: Entrenching the Traditional Approach of the States and Territories or Laying the Ground for Reform?', (2007) 35 Federal Law Review, 347-374.
- 'Animals and the Law – A New Legal Frontier?', (2005) 29 Melbourne University Law Review, 298-316.
- 'Legislating for animal welfare: making the interests of animals count', (2003) 28 Alternative Law Journal, 277-281.
- Editorial Committee of the Alternative Law Journal (since 2007)
- Editorial Board of Australian Animal Protection Law Journal (since 2015)
- Editorial Board of Journal of International Wildlife Law and Policy (since 2015)