LLB, LLM, PhD (London)
- Senior Lecturer
- Planning and environmental law
- Climate change law
- Local government law
- Comparative environmental law
Current teaching areas
- Planning and Pollution Law
- Trusts Law
- Associations Law
- Sustainable Planning in Queensland, The Federation Press: NSW, 2011.
- Integrated Planning in Queensland, 2nd Edition, Federation Press, NSW, 2004.
- Integrated Planning in Queensland, Federation Press, NSW, 2004.
- 'The legislative challenge' in B. Gleeson and W. Steele (eds) A Climate for growth: planning South-East Queensland, 2010, UQ Press, pp. 59-71.
- 'A Framework for Growth: Legislative challenges to infrastructure planning in SE Qld' in The Bellweather Zone: Planning South-East Queensland, 2010, UQ Press.
- 'Water Demand Management in South East Queensland 2005-2008: A Case Study of Adaptation to Climate Change', 2009, VURRN Press
- 'National Agendas in Malaysia and Thailand Before and After the Adoption of the Authoritative Statement of Forest Principles at Rio', in C. Iorns, & M. Hollick (eds) International Law and Domestic Conflicts Over Land and Resources in Southeast Asia: Moving Towards Resolution, 1998, White Lotus Press
- 'The UNCED and the Implementation of Forest Policy in Thailand', in P. Hirsch, Seeing Forests for Trees: Environment and Environmentalism in Thailand, 1997, Silkworm Books
- 'Too much too soon? On the rise and fall of Australia's costal climate change law', (2013) 30 Environmental and Planning Law Journal, 390-402.
- 'Climate change and coastal settlements: the story so far' (2012) 27(10) Australian Environment Review, LexisNexis Butterworths, Chatswood, Australia, 343-346.
- 'From Revolution to Evolution: two decades of planning in Queensland' (2010) 27 Environmental and Planning Law Journal, 1
- 'Managing urban water in Australia: the planned and the unplanned" (2009) 20 Management of Environmental Quality, 5
- 'Doing the Groundwork: State, Local and Judicial Contributions to Climate Change Law in Australia' (2008) 25 Environmental and Planning Law Journal, 360
- 'Heating Up: Climate Change Law and the Evolving Responsibilities of Local Government" (2008) 13 Local Government Law Journal, 209
- 'The South East Regional Plan: A Landmark in the Demise of the 'Developmental' State? (or NIMBY comes to Brisbane)' (2007) 11(2) Australasian Journal of Natural Resources Law and Policy, 119-144
- 'Flexibility or Restraint? Interpreting Queensland’s Performance Based Planning Schemes' (2006) 11(4) Local Government Law Journal, 209
- 'IPA Planning Schemes: Is There a Difference?' (2006) 23(2) Environmental and Planning Law Journal, 81
- 'Judicial Interpretation of Planning Schemes under the Integrated Planning Act 1997' (2005) 22(1) Environmental and Planning Law Journal
- 'Like it or Loathe it: Flexible Delivery of Unincorporated Associations and Trusts at Griffith University', (2002) The Journal of Information, Law and Technology, Available at <http://elj.warwick.ac.uk/jilt/02-3/england.html>
- 'Damage Control or Quantum Leap? Stakeholder Feedback on the Integrated Planning Act' (1999) 8(2) Griffith Law Review, 32
- Tightrope or Toolbox? The Status of Environmental Protection in Queensland’s Integrated Planning Act” (1999) 16(2) Environmental and Planning Law Journal, 124-139
- 'Friend or Foe: Environmental Advocacy and the Role of Law in Thailand and Malaysia' (1998) 5(1) Australasian Journal of Natural Resources Law and Policy, 1-28
- 'National Agendas in Malaysia and Thailand Before and After the Adoption of the Authoritative Statement of Forest Principles at Rio', (1997) 2(1) Asian Pacific Journal of Environmental Law, 3-25
- 'Towards Integrated Management of the Coastal Zone: Queensland’s Coastal Protection and Management Act, 1995' (1996) 13(4) Environmental and Planning Law Journal, 144-155
- 'Change of Form or Change of Philosophy? A Critical Review of the Queensland PEDA Bill' (1996) 13(2) Environmental and Planning Law Journal, 133-145
- 'Ghanaian Forestry: Law and Policy of Sustainable Exploitation' (1995) 2(2) South African Journal of Environmental Law and Policy, 197-217
- 'Tree Planting, Sustainable Development and the Roles of Law in Bongo, North-East Ghana' (1995) 39(2) Journal of African Law, 138-155
- 'Problems and Prospects for the Implementation of Sustainable Development in Developing Countries: A Critique of the Brundtland Report' (1993) 2(2) Griffith Law Review, 147-160
- 'Forest Protection and the Rights of Cocoa Farmers in Western Ghana' (1993) 37(2) Journal of African Law, 164-176
- 'Climate Change and Local Governments' in Climate Change Law, Lexis Looseleaf, 2009 (co-authored with Jan MacDonald)
- 'Climate change law for planners, developers, local government and greenies: A quick stock take and some ideas for the future', Griffith University Urban Research Program, Research Paper no. 16, June 2008 (PDF 508k)
- 'Climate change: What Are Local Governments Liable For?', Griffith University Urban Research Program, Issues Paper no.6, March 2007 (PDF 434k)
- 'Like it or Loathe it: Flexible Delivery of Unincorporated Associations and Trusts at Griffith University', (2002) 3 The Journal of Information, Law and Technology
- Australian Law Teachers Association
- Queensland Environmental Law Association of Australia
- Environmental Defender's Office