- Associate Professor
- ACIPA Director
Leanne Wiseman is Associate Director of ACIPA and an Associate Professor in Law at Griffith University. Prior to joining Griffith University, she was a Senior Lecturer in Law at QUT and worked in private practice and Government as a solicitor. Leanne's primary research interests lie in the field of intellectual property law and her publications are in the fields of intellectual property, contract and company law. She has served as an executive member of the Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand (IPSANZ) for a number of years and currently remains a member of the Intellectual Property Committee of the Law Council of Australia. Leanne has also had a long involvement with the Arts Law Centre of Queensland.
- Intellectual property
- Contract law
- Principles of Intellectual Property Law
- Australian Intellectual Property Law (3rd Edition) Cambridge University Press, 2015 (with Ann Monotti and Mark Davison).
- Australian Intellectual Property Law, Cambridge University Press, 2012 (with M. Davison and A. Monotti).
- Copyright and the Challenge of the New, Kulwer Law International, 2012 (co-edited with B. Sherman).
- Intellectual Property Law in Australia, Oxford University Press, 2008, (with M. Davidson and A. Monotti).
- Contracts, Butterworths, Sydney, 3rd ed., 2005, (with S. Cusumano and S. Christensen).
- Corporations Law, Butterworths, Sydney, 2nd ed., 2001, (with S. Fisher and C. Anderson).
- Contracts, Butterworths, Sydney, 2nd ed., 1999 (with S. Cusumano and S. Christensen).
- Copyright in Universities, Australian Government Printing Service (AGPS), Canberra, 1999.
- Disclosure Obligations in Business Relationships, Federation Press, Sydney 1996 (with T. Cockburn (eds.)).
- Corporations Law, Butterworths, Sydney, 1994 (with S. Fisher and C. Anderson).
- 'From terroir to pangkarra: Geographical indications of origin and traditional knowledge' in Research Handbook on Intellectual Property and Geographical Indications (pp. 484–507), Edward Elgar 2016 (with B. Sherman).
- ‘Facilitating access to information: understanding the role of technology in copyright law’ in The Evolution and Equilibrium of Copyright in the Digital Age, Cambridge University Press, 2014 (with B. Sherman).
- 'Copyright: When Old Technologies were New', in Copyright and the Challenge of the New, Kulwer Law International, 2012.
- 'Making Copies: Photocopying and Copyright', in Copyright and the Challenge of the New, Kulwer Law International, 2012.
- 'Waiting for the 'Billy'® to Boil: The Waltzing Matilda case', in Kenyon, A., Richardson, M., Ricketson, S., (eds.), Landmarks in Intellectual Property Stories, Cambridge University Press (forthcoming 2008) (with M. Hall).
- 'The Legal Regulation of the Australian Publishing Industry: From copyright to contract', in Carter and Galligan (eds.), Making Books: Contemporary Australian Book Publishing, UQ Press, 2007.
- 'Towards an Indigenous Public Domain', in Guibault, L. and Hugenholtz, B. (eds.), Commodification of Information, (Kulwer: 2006) (with B. Sherman).
- 'Copyright in Electronic text', in Paper Empires: A History of the Book in Australia (University of Queensland Press, Brisbane, 2006).
- 'Copyright and Moral Rights' (Chapter 42), Qld Law Handbook, (9th Ed., 2006).
- 'Copyright and Moral Rights' (Chapter 42), Qld Law Handbook, (8th Ed., 2004).
- 'Shareholder and Company', in Commercial Professional Relationships, Fisher (ed.), (FT Law & Tax Publishers, Sydney, 1996).
- 'Disclosure Obligations of Business', in Wiseman and Cockburn (eds.), Contemporary Issues in Disclosure Obligations in Business Relationships (Federation Press, Sydney, 1996) (with Cockburn, T.).
- ‘Copyright, Open Access and Translation’ (2015) 37(8), European Intellectual Property Review, pp 498-504.
- ‘Are Musicians Full of it? The Metaphorical and Figurative Power of Subconscious Copying in Copyright Infringement Cases’ (Special Art Issue 2015), Griffith Journal of Law & Human Dignity, pp 53-66.
- 'The Reprographic Crisis: Towards an International Solution?', (2012) 38(1) Monash University Law Review.
- 'Fair Copy: Protecting Access to Scientific Information in Post-War Britain', (2010), 73:2 Modern Law Review 240-261 (with B. Sherman).
- 'Copyright Protection for Indigenous Creators: Issues for the Future', (2008) 19 Intellectual Property Law and Policy Journal 191-220 (with B. Sherman).
- 'Moral Right in the Australian Academy: Where to from here?' (2005) 28:1 University of New South Wales Law Journal 98-121.
- 'Copyright in academic works created in Universities', (2005) 8 Intellectual Property Law and Policy Journal, 113-145.
- 'Beyond the Photocopier: Copyright and Publishing in Australia' (2002) 7:4 Media Arts and Law Review 299-315.
- 'Digital Copying and the statutory licenses in Australian Universities' (2002) 15:1 Learned Publishing 137.
- 'Digital Copying in the Academy', (March 2000) Copyright in Higher Education Working Group (CHEW) UK
- 'Regulating Authenticity' (2009) 9 Griffith Law Review 249.
- 'Educational Use and the Limits of Copyright' (1999) Journal of Law and Information Science 134.
- 'Trade in Education: The Role of Copyright' (1998) 16:3 Prometheus 331.
- 'The Duty of Good Faith in Disclosure', (1997) 5:1 Current Commercial Law 32 (with L. Wilmott).