Combining knowledge and expertise for remarkable research
Founded in 2015, the Griffith Criminology Institute represents a culmination of the knowledge and expertise of criminology, crime and justice scholars from across the University. Collectively, they are one of the largest, most vibrant and high-performing criminology communities in the world.
Industry and International Advisory Board
International and Industry representation:
- Chair: Professor Toni Makkai, Emeritus Professor, Australian National University
- Professor Gloria Laycock, University College London.
- Mr Neil Redfern, National Loss Prevention and Sales Compliance Manager, Optus.
- Judge Orazio (Ray) Rinaudo, Chief Magistrate, Queensland Magistrates Court.
- Professor Sally Simpson, University of Maryland.
- Commissioner Ian Stewart, Queensland Police Service.
- Commissioner Peter Martin, Queensland Corrective Services.
- Dr. Don Weatherburn, Director, NSW Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research.
Industry and International Advisory Board Members (ex-officio):
- Professor Janet Ransley, Director, Griffith Criminology Institute (ex-officio).
- Associate Professor Susan Dennison, Deputy Director, Griffith Criminology Institute (ex-officio).
- Professor Gerry Docherty, Dean of Research, Griffith University (ex-officio).
- Professor Paul Mazerolle, Pro Vice Chancellor Arts, Education and Law (ex-officio).
- Associate Professor Michael Townsley, Head of School, Griffith University (ex-officio).
Executive Leadership Team
- Professor Janet Ransley
- Associate Professor Susan Dennison
- Professor Mark Finnane
- Professor Paul Mazerolle
- Dr Danielle Reynald
- Associate Professor John Rynne
- Matthew Browne