Technology Education Research Conference
5-8 December 2012, Crowne Plaza Hotel, Surfers Paradise QLD
What constitutes good learning in Technology education is the central theme for TERC 2012. What pedagogical content knowledge is suitable for particular technology education content?
The 7th Biennial International Conference on Technology Education Research exploring "Best practice in Technology, Design and Engineering Education" will be held from 5-8 December 2012, Crowne Plaza Hotel, Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Queensland.
- Prof Stephanie Atkinson – Sunderland University
- Associate Professor P John Williams – Waikato and Edith Cowan Universities
- Prof Mark Sanders – Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
What constitutes good learning in Technology education? We know that in general, good learning occurs when you have appropriate content (what to learn), pedagogical knowledge (how to organise learning in general) and pedagogical content knowledge (how to organize optimal learning for specific content), however, for much of technology, design and engineering education we don’t have answers to what the correct combinations of the three aspects of the learning above should be.
The conference organising committee invites papers that address aspects of teaching and learning in technology education concerned with the theme of the conference. While papers addressing the conference theme are particularly welcome, authors are invited to submit research papers addressing any topic relevant to TDE education.
- 6 April 2012: Deadline for submission of abstracts.
- 4 May 2012: Deadline for notification of status of abstract and request to submit full paper.
- 27 July 2012: Deadline for submission of full written paper for review.
- 31 August 2012: Deadline for receipt of reviews of papers.
- 26 October 2012: Deadline for submission of final paper.
- 26 October 2012: Deadline for Early-Bird Registration.
For general information and enquiries please contact us.