The Leadership Tightrope: Balancing Tensions and Intentions
PDN 15th Annual School Leaders’ Conference
Thursday 25 – Friday 26 August, 2011
RACV Royal Pines Resort, Gold Coast
The Professional Development Network in partnership with the Centre for Continuing Professional Learning thank you for your attendance at the 15th Annual School Leaders’ Conference.
The Leadership Tightrope: Balancing Tensions and Intentions was a resounding success.Conference commendations included:
- “Fabulous opportunity to network with colleagues and team members. Excellent, excellent, excellent!”
- “Very worthwhile. Consistent links between presentations and highly applicable to the current context in both
- my own school and systemically.”
- “Organisation of the conference was outstanding - didn't miss a beat.”
- “Great speakers, good company, great venue!”
The exceptional line up of speakers, including opening keynotes Mr David Eddy and Dr Stephen Brown provided specifically for School Leaders and Aspiring Leaders. Both delivered a professional experience that was memorable and inspiring. Delegates are still reflecting upon their challenging and informative educational leadership messages and have returned to their school communities inventive in leadership and with current research to advance student learning.The PDN Committee thank all the presenters for giving so generously of their time, knowledge, ideas and experience.
Highlights of the Conference from the survey results included:
- Relevant and thought provoking keynote speakers and workshop facilitators
- Excellent networking opportunities and collegiality
- Relaxed, encouraging and supportive learning environment
- The Ricoh Conference Dinner
- Tightrope Entertainer, Mr Ashley Brophy
- Supportive and fun trade exhibit
- RACV Royal Pines Resort
The PDN Committee thank the 2011 Conference Sponsors for their support and involvement and commend to you their outstanding products and quality service. Many thanks to our Platinum Sponsor, Ricoh Australia; our Gold Sponsor, Tynan Mackenzie and our Bronze Sponsor, Footsteps Dance Company.
We look forward to seeing you at the 16th PDN Conference to be held at RACV Royal Pines Resort from 23 – 24 August, 2012. Save the date! For Conference enquiries please contact Deanne Clark.
To support the operation of the PDN, schools and regional offices pay an annual subscription fee. In turn, the PDN provides a range of quality programs throughout the year at minimal cost to subscribers. Such events include: a two day residential conference, professional development and training activities, twilight workshops and breakfast addresses. The PDN welcome your subscription enquiry.