Surfers Paradise is the most convenient place for shopping, dinning and going around in Gold Coast. There are numerous hotels in Surfers Paradise, so please book a suitable hotel for you as soon as possible. https://www.hotelscombined.com.au/Place/Gold_Coast.htm is a good webpage for online booking. Below are some hotels in the centre of Surfers Paradise:
- Watermark Hotel & Spa Gold Coast (4 stars rated)
- Hotel Grand Chancellor Surfers Paradise (4 stars rated)
- Islander Resort Hotel (3 stars rated)
Here is the MAP showing these hotels and the nearest bus stops.
- Other hotels in Surfers Paradise can be found from here.
The Gold Coast campus is centrally located in Southport, just north of Surfers Paradise, and is easily accessible by car, bus and train from the Gold Coast and Brisbane International Airports.
- Access from Gold Coast Airport to Surfers Paradise and to Gold Coast Campus is by car, bus, tram, or taxi. It takes about 35 minutes by car or taxi and 45 minutes by bus to Surfers Paradise. You can take bus 777 from Gold Coast Airport to Broadbeach South Station. From Broadbeach South Station, you can go to Suffer Paradise or Griffith University Station using tram.
- Access from Brisbane International Airport to Surfers Paradise and to Gold Coast Campus is also convenient by express train from the airport to the Helensvale station. From this station it would take approximately 20 minutes by car/taxi and 25 minutes by bus to the Surfers Paradise. If you arrive at Brisbane Airport after 10 pm, you may use the shuttle bus service from the airport to Gold Coast. The bus service can be found here.
- Access from Surfers Paradise to the Griffith University, Gold Coast Campus (workshop venue) can be either by tram, bus (20 minutes) or taxi (15 minutes). Bus 700 goes directly from the Surfers Paradise to the Gold Coast Campus. The most convenient and cheapest way is using tram from Surfer Paradise station to Griffith University station or Gold Coast University Hospital Station which costs approximately 6 AUD.
You can use the webpage Translink to find suitable public transport that can take you from your starting point to your destination.