The right start at Griffith College
Orientation is the beginning of your journey at Griffith College. It is a new study environment and a new way of life. It all starts at orientation so don't miss it. Orientation is held in the week before classes start. It is commonly called “O Week”. Our next orientation is in October , 2019.
What to bring to orientation
- your offer letter or CoE.
- Photo identification: Passport (International students), Driver's License or 18+ Card. You will not be able to enrol without valid identification.
- Contact details: Australian address (including postcode) and telephone number.
What if I can’t make it to orientation?
If you are not able to attend Orientation and Enrolment, you must contact Griffith College to receive instructions about late enrolments. Students who arrive late have less chance of selecting classes in courses that they wish to take during the trimester.
If you require additional assistance, please contact us directly at
Mt Gravatt: +61 (0) 7 3735 6900
Gold Coast: +61 (0) 7 5552 8500.
Some highlights from our welcome lunch at orientation.
Tips for orientation
We have created our top #5 tips for getting the most out of orientation
TIPS FOR ORIENTATION
- Remember that no one knows anyone else. If you're feeling shy, not sure how to approach people, or completely overwhelmed with the number of students on campus, keep in mind that everyone is new. Meeting people is easier than you might think.
- Make sure to do your logistics-based tasks when assigned. Getting your student ID card and registering for classes are the building blocks for the rest of your college experience.
- Ask for help when you need it. Everyone on campus, from staff, students, and faculty, knows that orientation is a time for learning.