The right start at Griffith College
Orientation is the beginning of your journey at Griffith College. It is a new study environment and a new way of life. It all starts at orientation so don't miss it. Orientation is held in the week before classes start. It is commonly called “O Week”. Our next orientation starts on Monday 18 February.
Thursday 21 February
Diploma of Science
Diploma of Commerce
Diploma of Hotel Management
Associate Degree in Business and Commerce
Diploma of Social and Psychological Science
Masters Qualifying Program
9:30 am - 3:00 pm
Friday 22 February
Diploma of Health Care
9:30 am - 3:00 pm
What to bring to orientation
- your offer letter or CoE.
- Photo identification: Passport (International students), Driver's License or 18+ Card. You will not be able to enrol without valid identification.
- Contact details: Australian address (including postcode) and telephone number.
What if I can’t make it to orientation?
If you are not able to attend Orientation and Enrolment, you must contact Griffith College to receive instructions about late enrolments. Students who arrive late have less chance of selecting classes in courses that they wish to take during the trimester.
Some highlights from our welcome lunch at orientation.
Get to know the student portal before you arrive.
TIPS FOR ORIENTATION
- Remember that no one knows anyone else. If you're feeling shy, not sure how to approach people, or completely overwhelmed with the number of students on campus, keep in mind that everyone is new. Meeting people is easier than you might think.
- Make sure to do your logistics-based tasks when assigned. Getting your student ID card and registering for classes are the building blocks for the rest of your college experience.
- Ask for help when you need it. Everyone on campus, from staff, students, and faculty, knows that orientation is a time for learning.