Conditions of enrolment
Griffith College students are required to adhere to our conditions of enrolment to meet both the requirements of the college and international student visas.
- The student is expected to attend all classes, undertake all assessments and examinations during a program, and abide by the rules and regulations of Griffith College that are in force at any time.
- If on a Student Visa, student is expected to maintain current enrolment until their program is complete (unless student applies formally to change their study plan which may impact on the currency of their Student Visa). Griffith College delivers 3 formal 14 week semesters per year with a commencement of February, June and October.
- The contract between the applicant and Griffith College is governed by the law of the Commonwealth of Australia and the State of Queensland.
- Griffith College may, by written notice, vary the conditions of enrolment as may be necessary to comply with any law, regulation or amendment thereof, of the Commonwealth of Australia or the State of Queensland.
- In the event of circumstances requiring urgent medical care and where it is not possible to contact the parent/guardian, Griffith College is authorised as a matter of urgency to seek and provide appropriate medical care.
- International students must meet the minimum English language and academic requirements for entry to the program. If students' English proficiency level is below IELTS 6.0 (or equivalent scores in other acceptable English proficiency tests), they will be enrolled in free Language Development modules as part of their study schedule.
- Students who are granted permanent residency before the census date for a semester will be charged as a domestic student for that semester, providing they submit documentary evidence of their change of visa status. Students who are granted permanent residency after the census date will be enrolled as a domestic student the following semester, providing they submit documentary evidence of their change of visa status. The census date for each semester is the end of Week 4 of the semester.