Closed from 23 December 2020 - 1 February 2021
Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you in 2021
Looking after your catering needs
We can help you with catering for any size meeting, conference, seminar, dinner or cocktail party at any Griffith location. We can design a menu to meet most culinary, dietary and financial requirements. Our staff are professional and experienced and will ensure you and your guests enjoy every bite.
About Griffith Catering
Griffith Catering is the designated caterer at Griffith University free from FBT. We cater innovative and creative breakfasts, morning and afternoon teas, lunches, barbecues and buffets. Order full meals or a whole range of formal and informal finger food and beverages. Our diverse menus use fresh and local produce from across the Sunshine State. We value your time and will return all electronic correspondence promptly.
Catering for your event
Order the food and beverages you want at a fraction of the cost offered elsewhere.
Griffith Catering and Griffith Food are proud to be Gold Licensed Caterers.
What is a Gold Licensed Caterer?
The Caterers Gold Licence has established minimum standards for caterers in the areas of hygiene in food preparation, the quality of cooking personnel and management, the existence of appropriate Workers Compensation and Product and Public Liability insurance. All of these ensure that consumers are supplied with a quality product.
When choosing your caterer, ask if they hold a Gold Licence.
A Gold Licensed Caterer must have the following
- Commercial kitchen: a legal requirement for preparation, adequate refrigeration for food storage, appropriate facilities for transportation of food and the handling of food on sale.
The caterer must provide protection of consumers by taking out public and product liability and worker compensation insurances.
- Up-to-date and relevant insurances: Gold Licensed Caterers must have or employ a senior person with five years' experience within the hospitality industry in food preparation or catering management, along with relevant qualifications, a Safe Food Handling Certificate and Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate.
- Training and experience: Food Handler Training Programme ensures all staff have at least basic food handler training; and FoodSafe practices are maintained to the satisfaction of the Environmental Health Officer.
- FoodSafe (WA only): an independent accreditation board has been established in each state to undertake the approval of Gold Licensed Caterers. The Board consists of representatives from governing industry bodies and State Accreditation Sub-Committee.
- The Accreditation Process: an independent accreditation board has been established in each state to undertake the approval of Gold Licensed Caterers. The Board consists of representatives from governing industry bodies and State Accreditation Sub-Committee.
COVID-19 Hospitality Best Practice Training
The Covid19 Hospital Best Practice credential provided by the Restaurant and Catering Association, equips businesses within the Hospitality industry with the tools they need when returning to business after the Covid shutdown period. The training covers areas such as understanding social distancing, staff induction for working during Covid-19 and cleaning premises and equipment during Covid. Griffith Catering is proud to be holders of this training credential.
Please arrange a room booking prior to placing a catering request.