Griffith Catering is the designated only caterer at Griffith University free from FBT. We offer both innovative and creative catering for a breakfasts, morning and afternoon teas, lunches, barbecues, buffets, formal and informal finger food and beverages. We cater for any size meeting, conference, seminar, dinner or cocktail party at any location on Griffith University campuses or off-site.
We have a delicious array of menu items to choose from using the freshest produce the Sunshine State has to offer. We can design a menu to meet most culinary, dietary or fiscal requirements you may have. Our staff are professional, qualified, experienced and uniformed and will ensure you and your guests enjoy every bite. We offer impeccable service beginning at the first point of contact. We value your time and will return all electronic correspondence promptly.
Order your catering
We are exempt from Fringe Benefits Tax, halving what catering would cost elsewhere
Catering at Griffith and Griffith Food are proud to be Gold License Caterers.
What is a Gold License Caterer?
The Caterers Gold License has established minimum standards for caterers in the areas of hygiene in food preparation, the quality of cooking personnel and management, the existence of appropriate Workers Compensation and Product and Public Liability insurance. All of these are potential problem areas for unsuspecting customers of 'fly-by-night' businesses, and ensure that consumers are supplied with a quality product.
Many people only use a caterer on average three times in their life, for a wedding, an anniversary or a special birthday, and one incident of food poisoning can spoil what should be a memorable occasion. Unfortunately, many people don’t know what to look for when selecting a caterer.
A Gold License Caterer Must Have The Following
- Commercial Kitchen: A legal requirement for preparation, adequate refrigeration for food storage, appropriate facilities for transportation of food and the handling of food on sale.
The caterer must provide protection of consumers by taking out public and product liability and worker compensation insurances.
- Up-to-date and Relevant Insurances: Gold Licence Caterers must have or employ a senior person who have five years experience within the hospitality industry, in food preparation or catering management, along with relevant qualifications, a Safe Food Handling Certificate and Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate.
- Training and/or experience: Food Handler Training Programme where all staff have at least basic food handler training; and FoodSafe practices are maintained to the satisfaction of the Environmental Health Officer.
- Foodsafe (WA only): An independent Accreditation Board has been established in each state to undertake the approval of Gold License Caterers. The Board consists of representatives from governing industry bodies and State Accreditation Sub-Committee.
- The Accreditation Process: An independent Accreditation Board has been established in each state to undertake the approval of Gold License Caterers. The Board consists of representatives from governing industry bodies and State Accreditation Sub-Committee.
When choosing your caterer, make sure you ask if they hold a Gold License.