This program is a career mentoring program that matches you with an experienced professional from industry, and gives you first hand insights into your chosen profession. You're encouraged to use this program to seek information and guidance about your career direction and goals. Mentors will use their skills and experience to support you as you prepare for your future career.
Benefits of Mentoring
Having a career mentor through the Industry Mentoring Program can provide many advantages, including:
- Exploring career options and potential pathways.
- Growing professional networks and exposure to employers.
- Assisting in goal setting and career planning.
- Develoing personal and professional confidence.
Mentoring is a two way process and the benefits are directly related to the level of individual input of both mentoring partners.
We take two cohorts each year: Trimester 1 (April - June) and Trimester 2 (July - October). You are eligible to apply if:
- You are an undergraduate student who's completed at least 80 credit points of your degree, or a postgraduate student.
- You have a Grade Point Average of at least 4.0
Selection into the program will be based on your application and availability of suitable mentors. You may participate in the program multiple times, provided you successfully complete all requirements and milestones during the previous session.
Register your details here to express interest in joining the Industry Mentoring Program.
What We're Looking For
- Demonstrated initiative and maturity during the recruitment process, and while participating in a student-led professional development program.
- Information about your activities (not just your studies) that will enable you to take advantage of the opportunity and represent the University well.
- Evidence that you will commit to all stated requirements.
- A clear, logical and concise application containing relevant information. We receive hundreds of applications so your application needs to be ‘to the point’ and easy to follow.
Required Time Commitments
Minimum participation requirements for each trimester period:
- Meetings with your mentor for a minimum of 6 x 1 hour appointments or equivalent.
- Attend a program briefing session of approximately 1 hour in duration, prior to program commencement.
- Attend official networking function mid-year.
- Submit a Mentoring Agreement negotiated with your mentor, at the outset.
- Submit a Progress Report approx 6 weeks after commencement.
Find answers to your questions 24/7.