Appointment to new financial ethics authority
Discipline Head of Finance and Financial Planning, Professor Mark Brimble, has been appointed a member of the new Financial Adviser Standards and Ethics Authority. His appointment is on the invitation of the Minister for Revenue and Financial Services, the Honourable Kelly O'Dwyer.
How international competition affects how much you earn
Dean (Learning and Teaching) and Professor of Economics Ross Guest featured in The Conversation special series ‘What We Earn’ where he discussed how the slump in wage growth in recent years is not just an Australian phenomenon.
Game on for innovative Gold Coast businesses
It’s not going to be ‘business as usual’ during the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games. But business owners who take control of the more unusual opportunities will be best placed to benefit from the event.
Research by Dr Joan Carlini from our Department of Marketing, looks at how the mega event will impact local private enterprise.
Defence holding steady
While the 2017 Defence budget confirms a commitment to large-scale projects currently in play, an emphasis on job creation in the Defence arena also moves to reaffirm the government’s ‘Australia first’ agenda.
Read a report by Professor Andrew O’Neil.
Our staff in the media
Our expert staff regularly provide insight into world politics, social issues, current research, business trends and more.
See below a snapshot of our most recent media highlights
- On news.com.au, Dr Peter Layton was quoted in an article about which countries support North Korea.
- In The Conversation, and republished in the Daily Bulletin, Professor Ross Guest explained how international business affects what you earn.
- On the website Mortgage Business, Professor Mark Brimble was quoted in an article about the RBA cash rate.
- In the Daily Mirror, Emeritus Professor Colin Mackerras wrote a piece about The Belt and Road to China-based globalisation.
- In the Cambodia Daily, Lee Morgenbesser was quoted in an article about the arrest of the CNRP president.
Find an expert with Griffith Experts
At Griffith we have more than 2632 academics who engage in learning, teaching and research related activities. Visit Griffith Experts to find an academic, and content related to their expertise and excellence.