QS World University Subject Rankings 2017 – Griffith Business School Success!
The QS World University Subject Rankings 2017 have just been released and Griffith University has achieved an outstanding result in the annual rankings. Griffith has ranked in the top 100 institutions worldwide in 11 subject areas (up from nine in 2016 and five in 2015) including a world Top 10 position (No. 9 globally and No. 1 in Australia) in Hospitality and Leisure Management.
Other outstanding results for Griffith Business School include:
- Politics and International Studies retained a Top 100 ranking;
- Sports-related subjects ranked in the Top 100;
- Business and Management retained a Top 200 place; and
- Economics and Econometrics has ranked in the Top 300. This is the first time Economics and Econometrics has broken in to the Top 300.
Alumni Event | Professional Development
Leadership: The Authenticity ParadoxAcross political, corporate and public domains there is a thirst for genuine leaders at all levels. This interactive session explores current knowledge on the role of values, character and integrity in achieving authentic leadership at all levels, and how to confront the paradox people face when ‘dark side’ characteristics predispose them to engage in ineffective or derailing leadership behaviours. How can a leader be authentic and still achieve their career goals?
- Date: Thursday, 23 March 2017
- Time: 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- Venue: Ship Inn, Function Room (Level 2), Cnr Stanley & Sidon Streets, South Bank, Queensland
- Cost: $35 Alumni / GBS Staff / GBS Student or $45 General Admission
- Register by: Monday 20 March 2017. Click here to register.
Outstanding Alumnus Awards
The Griffith Business School Outstanding Alumnus Awards recognise the remarkable achievements and successes of our alumni. The recipients of the 2017 awards will be honoured at our Annual Gala Dinner and Awards Night on Friday 3 November 2017.
- Date: Friday 3 November 2017
- Venue: Sofitel, 249 Turbot St, Brisbane City
- Register by: Registrations will open soon.
- GBS Alumni Network events
- High School and Community Programs | Key dates
- Entrepreneurship Seminar Series
- MBA and Postgraduate Business Information Sessions
Department news and events
- Department of Accounting, Finance and Economics
- Department of Employment Relations and Human Resources
- School of Government and International Relations
- Department of International Business and Asian Studies
- Department of Marketing
- Department of Tourism, Sport and Hotel Management
Research centre news and events
- Centre for Governance and Public Policy
- Centre for Work, Organisation and Wellbeing
- Griffith Asia Institute
- Griffith Institute for Tourism
Academic centre news and events
- Asia Pacific Centre for Franchising Excellence
- Griffith Centre for Sustainable Enterprise
- Social Marketing @ Griffith
Bachelor of Commerce student Alexander MacInnes got the call that would change his career during final exams.
A team of Griffith Business School finance students managed a distinguished top three finish in the Asia-Pacific regional round of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Research Challenge in Bangkok.
Research and teaching at Griffith Business School has been showcased on a global stage with the release of the annual 2017 QS World University Rankings by Subject.