Forward-focused, future-readyThe School recently launched GBS Strategy 2017-2020. The new objectives for the Griffith Business School are aimed at creating a forward-focused, future-ready Business School and will ensure that the university remains an industry leader in the field of business education.
Our expert staff
Discipline Head of Finance and Financial Planning, Professor Mark Brimble, has recently been appointed a member of The new Financial Adviser Standards and Ethics Authority. His appointment is on the invitation of the Minister for Revenue and Financial Services, the Honorable Kelly O'Dwyer.
QS World University Subject Rankings 2017 – Griffith Business School Success!
The QS World University Subject Rankings 2017 have just been released and Griffith University has achieved an outstanding result in the annual rankings. Griffith has ranked in the top 100 institutions worldwide in 11 subject areas (up from nine in 2016 and five in 2015) including a world Top 10 position (No. 9 globally and No. 1 in Australia) in Hospitality and Leisure Management.
Other outstanding results for Griffith Business School include:
- Politics and International Studies retained a Top 100 ranking;
- Sports-related subjects ranked in the Top 100;
- Business and Management retained a Top 200 place; and
- Economics and Econometrics has ranked in the Top 300. This is the first time Economics and Econometrics has broken in to the Top 300.
Entrepreneurship: Beyond start up
Starting any new business is entrepreneurial; the idea is only a small part of it.
Once you’ve made the leap, you have to continue being entrepreneurial, through highs and lows, for your business to survive, to make a profit, and to grow. Is this you? The reality of starting and growing a business isn't for everyone.
Join us for breakfast and learn how to make your idea a success with Nimble co-founder and alumnus Greg Ellis, and our own Professor Evan Douglas.
Date: Friday 12 May 2017
Time: 7.00 - 9.00 am
Venue: Brisbane Marriott Hotel
Outstanding Alumnus Awards
The Griffith Business School Outstanding Alumnus Awards recognise the remarkable achievements and successes of our alumni. The recipients of the 2017 awards will be honoured at our Annual Gala Dinner and Awards Night on Friday 3 November 2017.
- Date: Friday 3 November 2017
- Venue: Sofitel, 249 Turbot St, Brisbane City
- Register by: Registrations will open soon.
- GBS Alumni Network events
- High School and Community Programs | Key dates
- Entrepreneurship Seminar Series
- MBA and Postgraduate Business Information Sessions
Department news and events
- Department of Accounting, Finance and Economics
- Department of Employment Relations and Human Resources
- School of Government and International Relations
- Department of International Business and Asian Studies
- Department of Marketing
- Department of Tourism, Sport and Hotel Management
Research centre news and events
- Centre for Governance and Public Policy
- Centre for Work, Organisation and Wellbeing
- Griffith Asia Institute
- Griffith Institute for Tourism
Academic centre news and events
- Asia Pacific Centre for Franchising Excellence
- Griffith Centre for Sustainable Enterprise
- Social Marketing @ Griffith
President Donald Trump has proposed cutting the US corporate tax rate from 35% to 15% and ending the practice of taxing the foreign income of US businesses. Trump may be hoping that such a massive corporate tax cut will result in new investment. Indeed, historical data suggests companies will respond by shifting profits to where the tax is low.
Griffith Business School was honoured to have Professor Muhammad Yunus attend Nathan campus and inspect the newly established Yunus Social Business Centre Griffith University.
GBS marches forward with a focus on employability and social responsibility.