Sport Management Association of Australia & New Zealand Conference
Places, Events and Sport: Going for Gold Coast
The Gold Coast is living up to its reputation as Australia’s emerging capital of sport with the selection to host the 2017 SMAANZ Conference. The Conference is expected to attract around 200 sports leaders and professional sport administrators from organisations including the Commonwealth Games Federation, Team Australia and professional sports leagues. This is an opportunity for international and national delegates to engage with sport industry representatives through an integration of sport industry panels and symposia with a particular attention on mega sporting events and the example of the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games.
- Date: 29 November - 1 December 2017
- Venue: Griffith University Gold Coast Campus & ‘Mantra on View’ Hotel – Surfers Paradise
- Accommodation: Mantra on View' Hotel, 22 View Avenue, Surfers Paradise, QLD.
The conference activities will be hosted across the Griffith University campus and 'Mantra on View' Hotel. Accommodation and academic proceedings will be held at 'Mantra on View' Hotel.
Call for Papers
We invite the submission of a variety of abstract types, including empirical, methodological, conceptual, and teaching. Completed research or research in progress is welcomed.
- Deadline for abstract submission 12 June 2017
- Notification of acceptance (ongoing until) 30 July 2017
- Early bird registration closes 30 September 2017
Dr Brad Hill
Dr Millie Kennelly
A/Professor Popi Sotiriadou