BCom, MPhil, PhD, GCert
Senior Lecturer, Griffith Business School
Member, Centre for Work, Organisation and Wellbeing
- Transformational Leadership
- Interpersonal Exchange Relationships
- Emotions in Teams
- Multilevel Issues in Organization
- Chinese Management Issues
Current teaching areas
- Organisational Behaviour
- Leading and Managing People
- Advanced Business Research Methodologies
- Tse, HM & Ashkanasy, NM 2008, 'The role of affect in vertical and lateral exchange work relationships in teams', in NM Ashkanasy & CL Cooper (eds), Research Companion to Emotions in Organizations, Edwin Elgar, Cheltenham, UK, pp. 499-512.
Refereed journal articles
- Tse, HM and Troth, AC 2013, 'Perceptions and emotional experiences in different supervisor-subordinate relationships', Leadership and Organization Development Journal, vol. 34, pp. 271-283.
- Troth, AC, Lawrence, SA, Jordan, PJ and Tse, HM 2012, 'A multilevel analysis of team members' emotional intelligence and communication performance', Journal of Organizational Behaviour, vol. 33, pp. 700-722.
- Tse, HM and Ashkanasy, NM 2012, 'Relative leader-member exchange, negative affectivity and social identification: A moderated-mediation examination', Leadership Quarterly, vol. 23, pp. 354-366.
- Tse, HM and Chiu, CK, 2011, 'Transformational leadership and job performance. A social identity perspective', Journal of Business Research.
- Tse HM & Mitchell, R 2010, 'A theoretical model of transformational leadership and knowledge creation: The role of open-mindedness norms and leader-member exchange', Journal of Management Organization, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 83-99.
Forthcoming journal articles
- Tse,HM, Lam, CK., Lawrence, SA and Huang X (forthcoming 2013), 'When my supervisor dislikes you more than me: The effect of dissimilarity in leader-member exchange on coworkers’ interpersonal emotion and perceived help', Journal of Applied Psychology.
- Tse, HM, Huang X and Lam K (forthcoming 2013), 'When does transformational leadership matter for turnover: A multi-foci social exchange perspective', Leadership Quarterly.
- Tse, HM (forthcoming 2013), 'Linking leader-member exchange differentiation to team performance', Leadership and Organization Development Journal.
Refereed conference papers and abstracts
- Tse, HM 2012, 'Linking leader-member exchange differentiation to team performance', Annual meeting of the Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management Conference, Perth, Western Australia.
- Tse, HM, Lam CK and Lawrence, SA 2011, 'Co-worker leader-member exchanges, social comparisons, orientation and interpersonal emotions, and perceptions', Annual meeting of the Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management Conference, Wellington, New Zealand.
- Tse HM, Lam CK, & Lawrence, SA 2010, 'Interpersonal work relationships and emotional reactions
A co-worker dyadic analysis in teams', Annual Meeting of the Australia and New Zealand Academy of Management, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia.
- Tse HM, Lam CK, & Lawrence, SA 2010, 'Coworkers' leader-member exchange relationships and emotions: A social comparison perspective', Annual Meeting of the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA.