B Arts, GDip Banking & Finance, M Arts (Banking & Finance), PhD
Senior Lecturer, Griffith Business School
- Stock market and banking sector reforms
- Stock market and banking sector development
- Special focus on the South Pacific
Current teaching areas
- Money, Banking and Finance
- Real Estate Finance
- Credit and Lending
Refereed journal articles
- Nguyen, T, S. Nghiem, E. Roca and P. Sharma, 2016. 'Bank reforms and Efficiency in Vietnamese Banks: Evidence based on SFA and DEA. Applied Economics, DOI:10.1080/00036846.2015.1130788.
- Nguyen, T, S. Nghiem, E. Roca and P. Sharma, 2016. 'Efficiency, Innovation and Competition: Evidence from Vietnam, China and India. Empirical Economics, DOI: 10.1007/s00181-015-1045-5.
- Sathye, M, B. Prasad, D. Sharma, P. Sharma, and S. Sathye, 2015, Determinants of Intention to Use Mobile Value Added Services: The Case of Women-Owned Micro Enterprises in Fiji, Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems, PACIS 2015 Proceedings.
- Sharma, P.and N. Gounder, 2015. Resilient through the GFC and beyond: What drives bank profitability in small, open economies? Asia Pacific Journal of Business, 16(3), 191–209.
- Sharma, P, N. Gounder and D. Xiang, 2015. Level and determinants of foreign bank efficiency in a Pacific island country, Review of Pacific Basin Financial Markets and Policies, 18(1), 1550005-1–1550005-26, DOI: 10.1142/S0219091515500058.
- Sathye, M, B. Prasad, D. Sharma, P. Sharma, and S. Sathye, 2014, Industry challenges and policy barriers in adoption of mobile value added services in remote islands: the case of Fiji, Australasian Conference on Information Systems, ACIS 2014 Proceedings.
- Nguyen, T, E. Roca and P. Sharma, 2014. How efficient is the banking system of Asia’s next economic dragon? Evidence from rolling DEA windows, Applied Economics, 46(22), 2665–2684.
- Sathye, M, B. Prasad, D. Sharma, P. Sharma, and S. Sathye, 2014, Mobile value added services for inclusive growth: A study of women micro-entrepreneurs in Fiji, Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems, PACIS 2014 Proceedings, Paper 149.
- Sharma, P. and N. Gounder, 2013. Supply side obstacles to financing the private sector: empirical evidence from a small island developing state, Journal of Pacific Studies, 33(1), 1–22.
- Sharma, P. and N. Gounder, 2013. Does finance matter for growth in the small, open Pacific Island Countries? Journal of Pacific Studies, 33(2), 21-27.
- Sharma, P, Gounder, N & Xiang, D 2013, 'Foreign banks, profits, market power and efficiency in PICs: some evidence from Fiji', Applied Financial Economics, vol. 23, no. 22, pp. 1733-1744.
- Sharma, P and Roca, E 2012, 'It is time to re-examine the role of stock markets in developing economies'. Journal of Asia-Pacific Business, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 206-228.
- Sharma, P and Gounder, N 2012, 'Obstacles to bank financing of micro and small enterprises: empirical evidence from the Pacific with some policy implications, Asia Pacific Development Journal, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 49-75.
- Gounder, N and Sharma, P 2012, 'Determinants of bank net interest margins in Fiji, a Small Island Developing State', Applied Financial Economics, vol. 22, pp. 1647-1654.
- Sharma, P and Brimble, M 2011, 'Sustainable development in the small states of the South Pacific:" toward a corporate social responsibility for international banks, Fijian Studies, vol 9, no. 2, pp. 23-51.
- Sharma, P and Nguyen, T 2011, ' Does law really matter for stock market development? The case of a South Pacific island economy: Fiji, 1997-2007, Fijian Studies, vol 9, no. 2, pp. 95-122.
- Sharma, P and Nguyen, T 2010, 'Law and banking development in a South Pacific Island economy: the case of Fiji, 1970-2006', Journal of Asia Pacific Economy, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 192-216.