BCom (Hons), MCom (CU, Bangladesh), MPhil (Manchester, UK), PhD (Liverpool, UK), CA (Australia), CPA (Australia)
Lecturer in Accounting, Griffith Business School
- Financial reporting and disclosure
- Corporate governance
- Social and environment reporting
Current teaching areas
- Financial Accounting
Refereed journal articles
- Hossain, M, Kummer, T and O'Leary, C. 2015, 'Successful Implementation of Written Communication Across an Accounting Degree Program', Business Education and Accreditation, vol 7, no. 1, pp.43-56
- Hossain, M, Momin, M.A. 2014, 'Female Managers' perception regarding female participation in corporate boardroom: evidence from an emerging country, Academy of Taiwan Business Management Review, vol 10, no 3, pp.1-6.
- Huda, A, Hossain, M, Muttakin, MM and O, Farooque 2014, 'On the relation between internal corporate governance and bank risk-taking: Evidence from GCC Countries, Academy of Taiwan Business Management Review Journal, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 91-100.
- Huda, A, Hossain, M and Muttakin, MB 2014, 'Effects of board and ownership structure on corporate performance: Evidence from GCC countries', Journal of Accounting in Emerging Economies, Emerald, vol. 4, issue 1, online 22/2/2014.
- Hossain, M, Momin, MA, and L Shirely 2012, 'Internet financial reporting and disclosure by listed companies: Further evidence from an emerging country', Corporate Ownership and Control, Vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 351-366.
- Al Naimi, HA, Hossain, M and Momin, M 2012, 'Corporate social responsibility reporting in Qatar: A descriptive analysis', Social Responsibility Journal, Emerald, vol. 8, no. 4. pp. 4-38, pp. 511-526.
- Houda, A, Hossain, M & Muttakin, MB 2011, 'Ownership Structure, Corporate Governance and Bank Performance: Evidence from GCC Countries', Corporate Ownership and Control, vol. 8, no. 4, (continued-3), pp. 365-372.
- Momin, MA & Hossain, M 2011, 'Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Reporting by Multinational Corporations (MNCS) Subsidiaries in an Emerging Country', Corporate Ownership and Control, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 96-114.
- Hammami, H & Hossain, M 2010, 'Perceptions of the Accountant By Business Students and Business Professionals in an Emerging Country: The Case of Qatar', Education, Business and Society: Contemporary Middle Eastern Issues, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 48-62.
Refereed conference papers
- Hossain, M & Hammami, M 2009, 'Voluntary Disclosure in the Annual Reports of an Emerging Country: the Case of Qatar', 21st Asian-Pacific Conference on International Accounting Issues, November 22-25.
- M Hossain, 'Corporate governance and risk taking: Evidence from GCC Countries', 2013 AFAANZ Conference, Perth, Australia.
- M Hossain, 'Rethinking the relationship between ownership structure, corporate governance, and corporate performance: The case of GCC Countries', 2012 AFAANZ Conference, Melbourne, Australia
- M Hossain, 'Voluntary disclosure in the annual reports of an emerging country: The case of Qatar', 21st Asian-Pacific Conference on International Accounting Issues, Las Vegas, USA, 22-25 November 2009.
- Qatar Foundation Research Grant (2010): Corporate governance and Women: am e,[oroca; study of women managers working in the Qatar companies.
- Qatar Foundation Research Grant (2009): Corporate social responsibility disclosure in emerging economics: The case of Qatar.
- Griffith Business School Research Grant (2008): Climate change and carbon-related disclosure in corporate annual reports: A global analysis.
- Qatar University Research Grant (2008): Corporate governance and reporting practices of Arab countries: An empirical study of the Listed Companies in Qatar.
- Member, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand (AFAANZ).
- European Accounting Association (EAA).