B Commerce (Accounting), B Commerce (Hons), PhD
Lecturer, Griffith Business School
- Indigenous Business Failure
- Indigenous Cultural Intellectual Property
- Financial Literacy
- Digital Innovation in Accounting Education – ePortfolios and SPARKplus
- Self-employment pathway for Indigenous Australians through franchising
- Bankruptcy prediction modelling & Intangible Assets
- Cash flow versus accrual ratios in predicting corporate takeovers
Current teaching areas
- Engaging with Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Business Communities – mixed mode, intensive
- Financial reporting – CPA/Masters of Accounting
- Accounting for Decision-making
- Financial Accounting
- Company Accounting
Refereed Journal Articles
- Bodle, K., Malin, M. Wynhoven, A. (2016) Students’ experience toward ePortfolios as a reflective assessment tool in a dual mode Indigenous business course", Accounting Research Journal.
- Bodle, K. A., Cybinski P. J. and Monem, R. (2015) Effect of IFRS adoption on financial reporting quality: evidence from bankruptcy prediction. Accounting Research Journal, 29 (3), pp. 292 - 312.
- Delaney, D, Cameron, C, Fletcher, M and Bodle, K (2013), 'On-line Self and Peer Assessment of Team Work in Accounting Education', Accounting Research Journal, 26 (3), pp. 222-238
- Weaven, S., Frazer, L. Brimble, M. and Bodle, K. (2016). Partnering Indigenous Australians on a pathway from employment to franchise ownership, Working Paper, Griffith University.
- Brimble, M., Knutsen, J., Blue, L. and Bodle, K. (2016) Planning Practitioners’ Perspectives on Financial Literacy, Accounting Research Journal, [B]. Manuscript ID ARJ-01-2016-0001.
- Bodle, K.A., Brimble, M., Blue, L., Weaven S., and Frazer, L. (2016). Critical success factors in managing sustainable Indigenous businesses, Working Paper.
- Bodle, K. (2013) The Effects of Non-restrictive Accounting Practices for Intangible Assets on Financial Ratios: Consequences for Bankruptcy Prediction Models. (Doctor of Philosophy), Griffith University, UniPrint.
- Bodle, K. A., Malin, M. and Wynhoven, A. (2015). Students’ perception of e-Portfolios as a reflective assessment tool in a dual mode Indigenous business course. In: IATED, ed. 7th International Conference on Education and New Learning Technologies, Barcelona, Spain. 6-8 July 2015, pp. 3724-3724.
- Bodle, K. (2013). Re-visioning policy and practices for the accounting treatment of cultural heritage assets held by First Nations Enterprises, Conference Proceedings of the Environmental and Sustainability Accounting Network (EMAN) Global 2013 Conference: 14-15 July 2013, Gold Coast, Australia. ISBN9780987565204.
- Bodle, K. A., and Cybinski, P. (2009). Measuring Bankruptcy Risk: Impact of Changing Accounting Methods for Intangible Assets Pre and Post AIFRS. Conference proceedings, 11th International Business Research Conference, Sydney, Australia.
- CPA Australia
- ALTC Indigenous Curriculum Development and Implementation
- Indigenous Research Network
- Griffith Indigenous Employment Strategy