B Business, LLB, M Laws, PhD (UQ)
Senior Lecturer, Griffith Business School
- Corporate groups
- Business law and ethics
Current teaching areas
- Business Law
- Company Law
Referred journal articles
- Dickfos, J, Brown, Catherine & Bettles, J 2017 'Superannuation and Bankruptcy: Is there a mid-life crisis looming?' QUT Law Review Vol. 17, Issue 1, pp.114–126
- Dickfos, J, Brown, Catherine & Smith, L 2017 'The impact of Artificial Intelligence on the Insolvency Profession' Insolvency Law Bulletin Vol 18. no. 7, pp149-152
- Bettles, J, Dickfos, J, Brown, Catherine 2017 'Superannuation and Bankruptcy: A Case for Reform', Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association Journal September, pp. 29-30
- Anderson C, Dickfos, J and Brown, C 2016 'The Australian Taxation Office - what role does it play in anti-phoenix activity' 24 Insolv LJ pp. 127-140.
- Dickfos, J 2016 'Does CIP Remuneration provide value for money in Australia?' 24 Insolv Law Journal pp. 62-69
- Dickfos, J 2015 'The Costs and Benefits of Regulating the Market for Corporate Insolvency Practitioner Remuneration' International Insolvency Review, N/A, pp. 1 16.
- Dickfos J and Brown C 2015, 'Receivership and Restructuring: The Australian Productivity Commission's Proposed Reforms to S 420A of the Corporations ACT 2001 (CTH'), Company and Securities Law Journal, vol. 33, no. 501 505.
- Mortimore, A and Dickfos, J 2014 'Using Schemas to Demonstrate the Methodology of Solving Complex Tax Problems: A Case Study', Journal of the Australasian Tax Teachers Association, vol. 9, no. 1.
- Dickfos, J 2014 'The Regulation of Corporate Insolvency Practitioners: 25 Years on from The Harmer Report (or Everything Old is New Again!)', Nottingham Insolvency and Business Law e-Journal, vol. 2, no. 3, Nottingham Trent University, UK.
- Dickfos, J, Cameron, C and Hodgson, C 2014, 'Blended Learning: making an impact on assessment and self-reflection in accounting education', Education and Training, vol. 45, no. 2/3 Emerald Group Publishing UK.
- Cameron, C and Dickfos, J 2013 ''Lights, Cameron, Action!' - Video Technology and Students' Perceptions of Oral Communication in Accounting Education', Accounting Education: an International Journal,Routledge UK.
- Dickfos, J and Morrison,D 2013, 'Recent developments: Australia's adoption of UNCITRAL's insolvency recommendations with respect to enterprise groups: A critique', Insolvency Law Journal, vol. 21
- Dickfos, J 2011, 'Enterprise liability for corporate groups: A more efficient outcome for creditors', Australian Journal of Corporate Law, vol. 25, no. 3.
- Anderson, C, Dickfos, J, Nehme, M, and Hyland, M 2016, Corporations Law, 5th edn, Lexis Nexis Butterworths, Australia.
- Cameron, C and Dickfos, J 2015 'Lights, Camera, Action!' Video technology and students' perceptions of oral communication in accounting education. Communication in Accounting Education,(20 39). Routledge
- Cameron C and Dickfos J 2015 'Peer Review of Teaching Law to Business Students in Traditional and Flipped Lecture Environments. Teaching for Learning and Learning for Teaching: Peer Review of Teaching in Higher Education, pp. 99 116
Anderson, C, Dickfos, J, Nehme, M, Hyland, M & Dahdal, A 2014 Corporations Law, Lexis Nexis Butterworths.
- Anderson, C, Dickfos, J, Nehme, M, and Hyland, M 2009, Focus: Corporations Law, 3rd edn, Lexis Nexis Butterworths, Australia.
- Dickfos, J and Brown, C 'The Three Rs: Receivership, Restructuring, Arghhh!'
Insolvency Academics Network, University of Adelaide, Sth Australia. 24th July 2015
- Dickfos, J 'The Regulation of Corporate Insolvency Practitioners: 25 years on. What has been achieved and what remains to be achieved?' Corporate Law Teachers Association (CLTA) Conference, University of Adelaide, Adelaide.2nd-4th Feb, 2014
- Dickfos, J and Morrison, D 2013, 'Australia's adoption of UNCITRAL's insolvency recommendations with respect to enterprise groups: A critique', INSOL International Conference, The Hague, Netherlands.
- Anderson, C and Dickfos, J 2012, 'Is this the death of the phoenix company? Recent events and initiatives', Insolvency Academics Workshop, Perth, Australia.
- Dickfos, J 2009, 'Directors' Duties under an Enterprise Approach', Insolvency Workshop, Adelaide, Australia.