PhD, ERP, CFA
Senior Lecturer in Banking and Finance, Griffith Business School
- Emerging market finance
- Public sector finance
- Energy and carbon markets
- Financial education
Current teaching areas
- Financial Institutions Management
- Investment Analysis and Management
- Investment Planning
- Fixed Income Investments
- Kakhkharov, J., Akimov, A and Rohde, N. 2017. ‘Transaction costs and recorded remittances in the post-Soviet economies: Evidence from a new dataset on bilateral flows’, Economic Modelling, 60 (1), pp. 98-107
Tian, Y., Akimov, A., Roca, E. and Wong, V. 2016. ‘Does the Carbon Market Help or Hurt the Stock Price of Electricity Companies? Further Evidence from the European Context’, Journal of Cleaner Production, 112 (2), pp. 1619-1626
- Akimov, A., Bianchi, R and Drew, M.2014, ‘The Academy-Profession Nexus in CFA Partner Programs’, Journal of International Education in Business, 7(2), pp. 121-136
- Fan, J., Akimov, A. and Roca, E.2013,‘Dynamic hedge ratio estimations in European Union Emissions Offset Credit Market’, Journal of Cleaner Production, 42, pp. 254-262
- Akimov, A and Banister, D 2011, 'Urban public transport in transition. Case of Uzbekistan, Tashkent', Comparative Economic Studies, vol 53 (4), pp. 721-755.
- Akimov, A and Dollery, B 2010, 'Financial reforms in Indonesia and South Korea in the 1980s and early 1990s', Journal of Emerging Market Finance, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 25-49.
- Dollery, B, Grant, B and Akimov, A 2010, 'A typology of shared service provision in Australian local government', Australian Geographer, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 217-231.
- Dollery, B, Wallis, J and Akimov, A 2010, 'One size does not fit all. The special case of remote small local councils in outback Queensland', Local Government Studies, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 21-42.
- Akimov, A and Dollery, B 2009, 'Financial development policies in Uzbekistan: An analysis of achievements and failures', Economic Change and Restructuring, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 293-318.
- Akimov, A, Wijeweera, A and Dollery, B 2009, 'Financial development and economic growth: Evidence from transition economics', Applied Financial Economics, vol.19, no. 12, pp. 1-10.
- Dollery, B and Akimov, A 2009, 'Shared services in Australian local government: Rationale, alternative models and empirical evidence', Australian Journal of Public Administration, vol. 68, no. 2, pp. 208-219.
- Akimov, A and Dollery, B 2008, 'Kazakhstan: Financial system reform over the period 1993 to 2006 and its socioeconomic effects', Emerging Market Finance and Trade, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 81-97.
- Akimov, A and Dollery, B 2008, 'Financial policy in transition economies: Architecture, pace and sequencing', Problems of Economic Transition, vol. 50, no. 9, pp. 6-26.
- Dollery, B and Akimov, A 2008, 'A critical comment on the analysis of shared services in the Queensland local government association's, size, shape and sustainability program', Accounting, accountability and Performance, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 31-46.
- Dollery, B and Akimov, A 2008, 'Are shared services a panacea for Australian local government: A critical note on Australian and international empirical evidence', International Review of Public Administration, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 89-99.
Akimov, A. and Malin, M. ‘Are Classroom Games Useful for Teaching ‘Sticky’ Finance Concepts?’, Advances in Financial Education
Books and Book Chapters
- Kakharov, J. and Akimov, A. 2015 ‘Estimating remittances in the former Soviet Union: Methodological complexities and potential solutions’, in Y. Akbar and R. Jamilov (eds.) Neo-Transitional Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, London, pp. 337-362.
- Akimov, A. 2015 ‘Political economy of financial reforms in authoritarian transition economies. A comparative case study of Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan’ in N. Perdikis and K. Ruziev (eds.) Development and Financial Reform in Emerging Economies. Pickering & Chatto, London, pp. 125-148
- Akimov, A and Dollery, B 2009, Financial sector reform in Uzbekistan: Theoretical foundations and policy analysis, Lap Lambert, Cologne.
- Griffith University Group Teaching Citation (Griffith University 2015)
- Griffith University Learning and Teaching Grant (Griffith University 2011)
- Griffith University International Travel Fellowship (Griffith University 2010)
- Griffith Business School Internal Research Grant (Griffith University 2008)
- Griffith Business School Small Grant (Griffith University 2007)
- International Council for Central and Eastern European Studies (Executive Member)
- Australasian Association for Communist and Post-Communist Studies (Vice-President)
- Griffith Centre for Personal Finance and Superannuation
- CFA Institute, CFA Sydney Society and Brisbane Chapter
- Global Association of Risk Professionals
- Centre for Local Government, UNE