Supporting our members
Being a member of the Griffith Asia Institute enables you to access a range of support and development initiatives hosted by the Institute. The type and level of support will depend on membership status and relevance to the Institute’s strategic priorities.
MEMBERS CAN SEEK ASSISTANCE WITH
- Funding support for research related conference and travel activities
- Publication assistance support
- Seed and incentive funding for collaborative research grants
- Information on upcoming grant opportunities
- Peer review process for Australian Research Council grant applications
- Access to development and networking opportunities through the Institute’s wide range of public engagement activities including seminars, public lectures and visiting scholars
- Marketing and promotion of your research to maximise reach and impact
- Access to Institutional memberships
TYPES OF MEMBERS
The Griffith Asia Institute follows the membership guidelines set out in the Griffith University Research Centres Policy. Members who are not deemed research active according to the policy may be considered for full membership provided they exceed standards well above the criteria in one or more measure of performance.
- Full Member: Level A+ continuing or fixed term appointments who meet the University's definition of a research active academic staff member.
- Associate Member: Level A+ continuing or fixed term staff member who does not meet the University's definition of research active.
- HDR Student Member: A student enrolled in a HDR program at Griffith University, undertaking a research which is aligned with the research of the Institute and have a member of the Institute as their principal supervisor. HDR students can only be a member of one research centre.
- Adjunct Member/Industry Fellow/Visiting Fellow: Individuals whose areas of expertise align with the strategic priorities of the Institute and engage with members of the Institute. These members are appointed according to the University's procedures for adjunct or honorary appointments and are appointed at the Director's discretion.