Our experienced staff are dedicated to providing a high quality learning experience
Our teaching staff provide diverse industry experience, real-life context and a commitment to students beyond expectations. They are also invested in researching, publishing, and practicing within a broad range of industry, discipline and cultural domains – passing on the latest knowledge to students.
Professor Elisabeth Findlay
Professor Findlay commenced as the QCA Director in 2020. She is an art historian who specialises in the theories of portraiture and the history of Australian art. She has published widely on issues of identity and the legacies of Australian colonial art.
Queensland College of Art executives
Queensland College of Art
Prof Elisabeth Findlay
Professor Elisabeth Findlay commenced as the Queensland College of Art Director in 2020. She is an art historian who specialises in the theories of portraiture and the history of Australian art. She has published widely on issues of identity and the legacies of Australian colonial art.
Learning and Teaching
Assoc. Prof Dominique Falla
Associate Professor Dominique Falla is known as the “Tactile Typographer” due to the specific nature of her art practice. She has presented at national and international creativity, design, type and lettering conferences and is also the founder at Typism, a global type and lettering community.
Dr Bill Platz
Dr Bill Platz has been part of the QCA community since 2009. He is an American-Australian artist, teacher and academic who exhibits and publishes regularly in the US, Australia and internationally. With research concentrations in life drawing, portraiture and pedagogies of drawing, his most recent work confects drawing, the body and puppets.
Prof Andrew Brown
Professor Andrew R. Brown is an educator, musician, digital artist, and computer programmer. His work explores the aesthetics of process and regularly involves programming software as part of the creative process. Andrew’s research is concerned with understanding creative intelligence and how this is mediated through technologies.
- Dr Tanja Beer – Interior and spatial design
- Professor Andrew Brown – Interaction design
- Dr Sam Canning – Product design
- Rae Cooper – Visual communication design
- Daniel Della-Bosca – Immersive design
- Dr Michelle Douglas – Design thinking and research
- Seth Ellis – Interaction design
- Associate Professor Dominique Falla – Visual communication design
- Associate Professor Katja Fleischmann – Visual communication design
- Dr Eleni Kalantidou – Design research
- Dr Vincent Moug – Product design
- Associate Professor Dale Patterson – Immersive design
- Dr Petra Perolini – Interior and spatial design
- Dr David Sargent – Visual and communication design
- Peter Thiedeke – Interaction design
Visual Arts staff
- Professor Susan Best – Art theory
- Dr Laini Burton – Visual arts research training
- Amy Carkeek – Photography
- Dr Julie Fragar – Painting
- Dr Natalya Hughes – Honours
- Dr Chari Larsson – Art Theory
- Dr Tim Mosely – Print
- Dr Bill Platz – Drawing
- Dr Elizabeth Shaw – Jewellery and small objects
- Dr Martin Smith – Photography
- Justene Williams – Sculpture